The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 2500 diesel 4x4.with a 4 speed auto.the last week my tranny has bin bouncing back and forth between 3rd and 4th gear .it happens at around 45 to 50 mph with normal throttle pressure.if i nail it it shifts fine.it doest always do it but its getting wrose.i think it might be a position sensor for the throttle .anybody with some info would be great.thanks.

·
3,514 Posts
Try resetting the APPS this is pretty simple to do and usually fixes this problem. Disconnect your batteries and leave them disconnected for a while, I've heard as little as 30minutes, I do it over night so its not an inconvenience, so I can't back up the 30mins theory from experience. Then reconnect your batteries. Now, turn the key to the ON position but DO NOT start, slowly depress and release the accelerator pedal. The operative word being slowly. Now the APPS has been reset and this should clear your problem up.

On another note, I usually drive with my O/D turned off until about 55mph so that it doesn't shift in too early and lug the engine down or turn too low of rpm.
Sean

·
Registered
9 Posts
make sure your battery posts are clean and tight. believe it or not, they cause this problem 9 times out of ten. Also check and clean all grounds, especially the one on the passenger side.

·
90 Posts
the same thing happened to me and I unhooked my battery cables and cleaned the posts and it took care of the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts