The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this shift kit be worth it for me? Im running the 110hp tune on my quadzilla tuner, and some people say that with the transgo shift kit and a new converter you can run a decent amount of power if you stay off it in 4th and 5th gear. How difficult is the install for the transgo kit? What do you guys think?

·
116 Posts
The install is not bad at all and I would recommend it very highly. Best bang for the buck for your Alli.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well seeing as your the man Ill take your word for it. When i gather the appropriate funds ill be making a trip down to you for a stage III.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does this transgo kit entail? I know they make the junior for the newer trucks, but for an LB7 what does this kit all come with?

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Different valves for the valve body and for the front pump to raise line pressure also comes with springs to choose line pressure and also a parking spring replacement to fix a bad design. It has springs for the spring cage in the C1\C2 housing to replace. You also have to drill out larger holes in your you C1\C2 clutch housing and plug the old ones. It comes with new front gaskets. You have to take the trans out and take the front pump and clutch housing out. It is a large job to take on.

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
Transgo Jr. is for allison 6 speed.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dieselson said:
Transgo Jr. is for allison 6 speed.
Yes dieselson is right the full transgo kit is the only available for the LB7. People always get that mixed up. Bullydog offers a kit that is identical to the Transgo Jr. for our trucks but i wouldnt waste the money on it.

·
129 Posts
hey MikeL what kind of power will the transgo and triple disc converter hold? Assuming the stock clutches arent burnt up.

Diablo 120hp?
quad 215hp?
PPE HPT +2? (probably not)

I know this is kind of a loaded question. I know it wont hold the PPE for long but can it reliably hold the quad for 40-50K. I dont go to the track, I dont pull the sled. I will run it through 3rd and a little into 4th and by that time im going to fast on the street anyway.

Thanks,
Jamie

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
Diamond3Max said:
hey MikeL what kind of power will the transgo and triple disc converter hold? Assuming the stock clutches arent burnt up.

Diablo 120hp? Yes
quad 215hp? MaybePPE HPT +2? (probably not) You're probably Right

I know this is kind of a loaded question. I know it wont hold the PPE for long but can it reliably hold the quad for 40-50K. I dont go to the track, I dont pull the sled. I will run it through 3rd and a little into 4th and by that time im going to fast on the street anyway. Yes

Thanks,
Jamie
My answers are in red.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.