The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my buddy has the automatic trans. and it is slipping he brought it to his dealer and they gave him a run around and then sent it to a trans shop the guy there sayd it was a dead cell in one of his batteries... is this true i have never heard of anything like this but then again im not an automatic tranny type of guy. i was thinking maybe the torque converter was going out but they sayd its because of the battery. what do you guys think and know about this .

Thanks in advance

·
99 cummins
160 Posts
i think the guy that said that about the battery did too many drugs back in the 70's and it is really starting to get to him. How could a dead battery cell have anything to do with the tranny slipping? Tell your buddy to take the truck somewhere else.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinking becuase i have never heard of such a thing and once the truck is running it uses power off of the alternator not the battery

·
1,189 Posts
thats like saying you need more amber blinker fluid..

·
232 Posts
ive seen many trucks shift wierd because of corrosion on batteries you by suprised.

·
TDG Mafia
651 Posts
I have heard of these trucks having funkey shift problems from bad batteries. Have your buddy put in new batteries and see if it fixes the problem, my guess is that it will.

·
3,514 Posts
Yeah my 12v used to throw itself out of O/D because the batteries were bad. What exactly was it doing? If the alternator wasn't putting out enough juice either I could see the voltage dropping to low to the gov. solenoid and causing weird shifting. However there are lots of things it could be.

Its not the same thing, but I was with my cousin in his gasser when his trans seemed for all the world to go completely out, wouldn't pull a slight hill in 2nd gear even. That turned out to be a bad cat and spark plugs. Weird stuff can happen.
Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts