The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was sitting in the drive through tonight and idleing for like 8 minutes, got the food, go to leave, put it in D and it like thuded? and the square around D blinked?! wtf if that? it drove fine and has been shifting like a champ...idk dont wanna worry about it, unless its something to worry about?

Nate

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Mine does the same thing if I try to accelerate before the gear has fully engaged. Next time give it a second before pulling away. It shouldnt do it then.

Reactions: hccumminssmoke

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Where did the truck grow-up? Up where Robert lives I can see the NSBU having some issues which seems fairly common from what I have found.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine does the same thing if I try to accelerate before the gear has fully engaged. Next time give it a second before pulling away. It shouldnt do it then.
I had my foot on the brake which is what made me wonder? i drove it around a parking lot, stopped and did it a few more times and all was well...sooo idk...

Nate

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
There a few odd things the NSBU can cause; NSBU - acronym for "Neutral Start Back Up". Sometimes also referred to as a PNP ("Park Neutral Position") switch. It's on the driver's side of the Allison.

This causes issue - due to road salt/water/debris getting into the switch via the switch hub and contaminates and corrodes the internals. The crap gets kicked up onto the switch on all left hand turns which affects the operation of the transmission because transmission shifts and functions are controlled by this switch.

Codes and weird stuff
- following DIC codes MAY suggest the NSBU as the culprit: P0700, P0708, P0847, P0872, P0875, P1711 and P1713.
- PRNDL display may not show up or only a partial display
- no engagement even though your shifter is in D or R (like you were in neutral)...this was my situation (and I received a SEL (service engine light) code P0700).
- you will only have forward motion in 3rd gear or reverse.
- SEL (service engine light) message that reads something like "shift range inhibited".

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
mine has done some goofy things to me too nate, it still shifts like a champ, i wouldnt be too worried about it yet

Reactions: hccumminssmoke

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Same here Aaron. I just go back to Park and start over.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
well i slow down and it seems like when it shifts into 1st it kind of locks up, but who the heck knows, it only does it once in a blue moon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts