The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Singles Club #2
496 Posts
It depends on the plans you have for the truck..if you want to make some power with it, you'll want to put stronger shafts, a better torque converter, valve bodies and a few other things. My friend went with billet input and output shafts, a triple disc converter, a 650hp rated flywheel and i believe a billet flexplate.

I know lots of guys on here will recommend talking with Dave Goerend as he has a great reputation. When I'm ready to get mine done, I know I'll be talkin with him.

·
4,158 Posts
Dave Goerend with out a doubt. Not too expensive and has a great warranty, lifetime on the T/C and i think like 100,000mile on the trans itself. I think it's around $3500 for just the base trans that can hold around 400hp depending.

·
3,514 Posts
It depends on what you want out of the truck. But like everyone else has said, just talk to Dave Goerend www.goerend.com. I have a DTT and I love it, I've also heard good about HTS, NADP, suncoast etc... But If I were going to do it all over again, it would be a goerend trans for sure.
Sean

·
Registered
54 Posts
Suncoast makes one of the best transmission setups on the market. You really can't go wrong with any big name company. Do it right the first time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts