The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I’ve got a 1997 international 4800 all-wheel-drive and it has a Allison MT 643 automatic transmission. I have a 1995 international 4900 parts truck with the Spicer international 6+1 Eso65-7a transmission that I want to put in my 97 4800 . Has anybody swapped out an automatic for standard in one of these trucks I know the automatic is a few inches shorter and 6+1 is a little longer. Any advice would be helpful thanks a lot

·
323 Posts
Sounds interesting.
Couple of new holes for the rear crossmember. New driveshafts. 3rd pedal and shifter.
I'm guessing that should be it......

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply I already put the clutch petal in and the firewall bracket.i removed the floor panels from the parts truck that will give me the transmission hump I need it was easy every thing unbolted and will bolt in to the 4800.The only problem I have is auto is shorter than the standard and on the 4800 the trans goes in the transfer case not directly to the rear end .if I use the 6plus1 I would need to move the transfer case back and deal with the drive shafts.im going to see if the 9 or 10 speed is shorter thay look like it but I haven’t measured them yet it would save a lot of time going that way.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts