The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a 2012 Ford F350, the vehicle in my sig. And cruising around Sunday afternoon breaking it in I noticed that the engine and tranny temps were both hovering right around 192 degrees. Question, is this about right ?? Empty not pulling anything. I thought that was a little warm for the tranny temp ??
This engine and tranny combo is amazing, truck drives like a dream.

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
Optimal TFT is around 170*F for the traditional fluids and can be significantly higher with newer synthetics. Higher temps help improve flow and reduce fuel burn, Allison told me years ago that anything lower than 220*F was OK but if temps continued to climb and went OVER 220*F to find out why.

Reactions: groceryman

·
60 Posts
We bought a 2012 Ford F350, the vehicle in my sig. And cruising around Sunday afternoon breaking it in I noticed that the engine and tranny temps were both hovering right around 192 degrees. Question, is this about right ?? Empty not pulling anything. I thought that was a little warm for the tranny temp ??
This engine and tranny combo is amazing, truck drives like a dream.
Was going to post a similar question. Running about 190 myself empty. No towing as just breaking it in. Service Advisor said this is normal when I commented my 6.4 ran about 20 degrees cooler. So guess we're fine.

·
jammer
44 Posts
Not uncommon on mine to hit the 230's when towing uphill or pushing a lot of wind.

Easily hits 200 to 210 unloaded going uphill.

jammer :cool:

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
Or warm up and open up :) :)

I tried, but couldn't help extending the double entendre :)

best stop now I guess !

·
& amp; amp; amp; amp;
372 Posts
All torture test on the new HD's always showed the ford tranny running hotter than the others but also said it was the most sure footed.

·
BODEY
107 Posts
Give her a chance to loosen up a bit and she should cool down.[/QUOTE] :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::tada:hump:hump:hump:goodvsevil:yeahthat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone i am not sure about it i think this problem increase from fuel side.i would think it would be hard to keep transmission oil very cool in hot temps or extreme driving conditions when the motor is running at 210 degrees.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts