The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving today and my Transmission is not locking in 3rd or in 4th gear... What could be the issue?? It has a built transmission Any ideas?? It shifts fine but will not lock!!!

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Is it hunting between lock and unlock or does it not lock at all? If it is hunting reset the apps and see if that helps.

B

·
0 Posts
I agree on resetting the APPS. I always say start with the easiest and cheapest first.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How Do I reset the APPS?????

·
TDG Mafia 36
591 Posts
Unhook your batteries for atleast a half hour, hook them back up, turn your truck to the on position, slowly and steadily push your accelerator all the way down and back up. If there is anything I'm missing I'm sure someone else will be along soon to help out...:Thumbup:

·
706 Posts
Could be,bad lockup solenoid,boost valve problem(broken spring cover is common),bad convertor,or just a wiring/sensor problem.Your going to need a trans shop to do some pressure tests,and check the wiring out if your not mechanically inclined,and able to do them yourself.It is highly unlikely an APPS RESET is going to fix it. Im going to take a guess at a bad convertor seal,it happens now and again.

·
Smoke Creator.
189 Posts
I'll bet you end up replaceing that trans soon.
Tell me about your converter, what brand Precision?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
99% of the time if it's a wiring or sensor problem you won't have 1 and 2.

So you can pretty much rule that out. Check your gov pressure, it's really easy on your truck. It's a test port on the right side of your trany. If your gov pressure is too low, you got a easy/fun problem to fix.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Powerdemon is the maker!!! It has a 3 disk tq converter and the transmission has a 70,000 3 year warranty and the price $2,500 for a whole tranny..!!!!(Honestly I think the company is out of business).. But I fixed my issue.. I just unhooked the batteries for about an hour and it shifts fine now for about a week???? The tranny holds I have around 500 hp so I know it holds truck pulling and drag racing.. If it ever does go out I will be getting a Suncoast definitly!

·
4,158 Posts
WBV06CTD said:
....Honestly I think the company is out of business).. QUOTE]

Yeah i was wondering that i looked up the name, came up with a result, clicked on it and nothing happend. :shrug:

·
Smoke Creator.
189 Posts
WBV06CTD said:
Powerdemon is the maker!!! It has a 3 disk tq converter and the transmission has a 70,000 3 year warranty and the price $2,500 for a whole tranny..!!!!(Honestly I think the company is out of business).. But I fixed my issue.. I just unhooked the batteries for about an hour and it shifts fine now for about a week???? The tranny holds I have around 500 hp so I know it holds truck pulling and drag racing.. If it ever does go out I will be getting a Suncoast definitly!

That really to bad Robert is a heck of a nice guy, hate to see him close up shop like that.

Allot of good that 70K 3yr is gonna do now huh?

What brand is the converter?

dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts