The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning coming home from work I noticed me check gauge light was on and my tow/haul light was flashing and trans temp gauge was in the red. Anyone with any ideas of what it might be? I was not towing and it was a 13km trip home from work.:confused:

·
511 Posts
tranny is startin to go, when ever my tow haul light lit up i would lose reverse and overdrive

·
Former Ford AutoTrans Eng
169 Posts
Most likely it's a bad temp sensor. That's not uncommon.

·
645 Posts
or the harness inside the transmission, the go bad allot and thats one of the comon sensors that gets affected.

·
34 Posts
sounds like your trans is going, mine went yesterday! the tow haul light was flashing and it was shifting hard. it would also slip out of gear and rev up while driving. Now ford wants to split the cost on doing the trans hahahahahaha its got 39,000 on it they better try harder....

·
645 Posts
dude you should take that, your out of warranty they could just tell you to suck it up.

·
778 Posts
fordboyyfm said:
or the harness inside the transmission, the go bad allot and thats one of the comon sensors that gets affected.
Fordboyyfm, I don't know if you've seen any of my posts about my delay from p-r-d but doug said something about the interal harness. Do you think replacing that could solve my problem? I have no codes and my tow haul doesn't flash and it shifts flawlessly with around town driving. Just an odd delay that doesn't last for more than 2secs.

Justin6.0 said:
I was told by my service writer that the tranny also had 100,000 mile warranty, is that wrong?
I can't believe dealerships hired that guy and the local dealership wouldn't hire me to be a service writer. that guy is wrong or you may have misunderstood.

To the OP: you're gonna wanna get the tranny codes read then go from there. I received some great info from Mark K. over on tds and to my understanding there is no code stored unless the tow/haul starts flashing.

·
775 Posts
Justin6.0 said:
I was told by my service writer that the tranny also had 100,000 mile warranty, is that wrong?
Thats wrong. 36k only. They are being nice to you because your just out of warrenty:usflag

·
Former Ford AutoTrans Eng
169 Posts
Justin6.0 said:
Yes, unless you bought an extended warranty.

Starting with trucks sold in July, 2006, the powertrain warranty was changed to 5 years/60,000 miles from 3 years/36,000 miles.

·
34 Posts
fordboyyfm said:
dude you should take that, your out of warranty they could just tell you to suck it up.

yea but for all the ford trucks i have owned and do own i could easily sell my 3 powerstrokes and have 3 duramaxs next time around which isnt a very good desision on their part but ohh well, plus if a 55k dollar stock truck cant hold up for more than 40k miles thats sad also it was in the shop 2k ago for head gaskets its kinda buggn me now!!!

·
775 Posts
Mark_K said:
Yes, unless you bought an extended warranty.

Starting with trucks sold in July, 2006, the powertrain warranty was changed to 5 years/60,000 miles from 3 years/36,000 miles.
I forgot about that. I bought my 06 in feb of 06. Oh well.:popcorn:

·
1,660 Posts
06Harley350 said:
sounds like your trans is going, mine went yesterday! the tow haul light was flashing and it was shifting hard. it would also slip out of gear and rev up while driving. Now ford wants to split the cost on doing the trans hahahahahaha its got 39,000 on it they better try harder....

I hope i get that offer when my trans goes . im never that lucky though. :shrug:

·
310 Posts
i blew my first tranny at 35950 and ford rebuilt it, it lasted 100 miles and then they said i was SOL ....., i wouldnt take that deal i would just order a suncoast or john wood, you would probobly be money ahead in the long run

1 - 14 of 14 Posts