The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Lb7 and it needs a tranney bad. It has been in limp mood way to many times. I would like to put a zf6 in it does anyone know where i can get one and everything i need for it? I dont really want to put an allison back in it. But if i have to i am going to go with the suncoast. I appreciate any help thanks.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
Where are you located so someone knows who to recommend.

and I moved this to the transmission forum.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Gonna have about the same involved for either. Call around to part recycling (formerly known as a junk yard) and find out if they are apart of a network. If so, have them find you a price on a ZF6.

On a Suncoast level, I would just buy the kit and install it. Take the transmission case to a shop to be cleaned, and put it back together. Stage IV can hold more than you will ever be able to put to the ground on a single charger. Stage III would hold well for a stock charger.

You can get a DD clutch or the Suncoast from one of the supporting vendors of the site.

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gonna have about the same involved for either. Call around to part recycling (formerly known as a junk yard) and find out if they are apart of a network. If so, have them find you a price on a ZF6.

On a Suncoast level, I would just buy the kit and install it. Take the transmission case to a shop to be cleaned, and put it back together. Stage IV can hold more than you will ever be able to put to the ground on a single charger. Stage III would hold well for a stock charger.

You can get a DD clutch or the Suncoast from one of the supporting vendors of the site.
I figured that i would have about the same involved. I have called around to a couple junk yards around here. But they didnt have anything for me. So i figured i would ask on here to see if i could get some help. The stage III is good for 500rwhp im pretty sure that i am puttin down almost 600rwhp so i would go with the stage IV that way there isnt a chance of me doin it again. Do you know of any junk yards that mite have what i am looking for? thanx

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just read on another post where someone else had the same idea. And they said contact Dan at Midwest trans. and he goes by SoGrand and he has or can get the parts and has the know how. Can someone help me out with a number or a website or something? thankx

·
1,705 Posts
Dan @ Midwest 517-824-2013. He can fix you up with all the conversion parts and a trans. I know where there's a used ZF6 but it's way overpriced :bang:.

I just read on another post where someone else had the same idea. And they said contact Dan at Midwest trans. and he goes by SoGrand and he has or can get the parts and has the know how. Can someone help me out with a number or a website or something? thankx

Reactions: overdose

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
If you want to stay with the ally and have it built to hold I have the guy for you.He is the Mike L of the EastCoast.Goes by BigDipper on most sites dont think he's on here.If you would like his info contact me by PM and I will hook you up, He has alot of guys come from the NY and NJ area come down to Baltimore Md to get them down.I stand behind his wok 100%.

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankx guys i appreciate it. Im going to give Dan acall at midwest today. If i decide to go with the allison i will give mike l a try. thankx

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Thankx guys i appreciate it. Im going to give Dan acall at midwest today. If i decide to go with the allison i will give mike l a try. thankx

Since your here on the east coast with me Mike will tell you to call George BigDipper. Shorter trip for you lol.

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well the zf6 is ordered with a double disk clutch. now i just need to get everything else i need. im hoping to get it together before next month want to go to ky for the ts outlaw. i guess i will have to see what happens

·
1,705 Posts
Sorry about that number not working. I talked to him for about 20min today about the conversion. He'll get ya fixed up. Let me know how it turns out cause in the future I may have to convert one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts