The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never thought it would be this tough! I'm having trouble getting my BMF 20x10 SOTA and Toyo MT 35/12.5/20's balanced! The tire store has tried everything from aligning the little yellow dot with the valve stem to replacing two tires and still it vibrates. They even took the combo to a place that has a Hunter Road Force balance machine, barely a change. The vibration is like a hopping sensation / shimmy. We are running out of ideas? Is there some trick I can share with them? Maybe I'm just to picky, I know they're mud tires, but my Jeep has the same tires, no problems, smooth as glass.

Right now, each wheel has about 2.5 oz of weight. I can't help wonder if the factory TPM sensors are effecting the balance. Maybe they need to be lined up a certain way? Maybe it's the 20x10, they look great, the lip is huge, but maybe it's to much wheel for the truck to hold on to? 20x9 instead?

Sorry for all the questions... I put my stock wheels and tires on and it's smooth, maybe I need to try the Toyo's on the factory wheels?

TIA!

·
14 Posts
I used equal bags in mine and they ride smooth. I have nitto terra graplers m/t35/12.50/20 on XD 10x20. No wieghts to deal with. Mine is a job 1 so i do not have tpms though.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
Sounds like a rim issue...toyos normally balance out really easily

Reactions: TexasTruck

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that's where I think we're heading. I chose the Toyo's because of all the good reviews about them. I know a bad tire can happen now and then, maybe I have a bad batch, who knows. I'm trying to get the tire store to remove the tires and check the wheels some how.

Any suggestions how you check if a wheel is bad?

Thanks.

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the tire place remove the Toyo's and the TPM sensor off the rear BMF wheels. They spun each wheel on their balance machine and found the wheels are out of round. They told me they can't balance that out, that the wheel should spin evenly and smooth.

·
477 Posts
contact BMF Speak to Blake. He is a stand up guy. My BMF's and Toyos ride as smooth as glass. Keep us updated. Good luck

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent BMF an email with my story. The problem is I've been goofing around thinking all along it was something other than my wheels. Drive line, ball joints, pinion, brakes, tires, etc. Each of these components took time to investigate and work out in between everyone's vacations, shipping parts, waiting in line, and more, it's been 60+ days now. We'll see what BMF says...

·
212 Posts
Good luck with getting the wheels taken are of. I am sure they will stand by their product.

08fordhd...some of the 08 Job 1's have the TPMS.

:salute

·
3 Posts
What was the outcome TexasTruck? Did BMF take care of it for you?

I just ordered a set of BMF Novakanes for my new SD and at that cost certainly hope they're good wheels!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts