The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ricer's suck!
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck just started this out of the blue, im just driving down the high way and my truck starts to shut off and the turn on again, like as if you where turning the key on and off. its not like a missfire its like the inj. pump is turning on and off, i took the smarty off and it will still do it. the shutting off is not consistent with anything and me and my friends are stumped...i need help!

·
ricer's suck!
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was afraid you were gona say that...maybe i'll just p pump it then. but thanx, i'll check the codes and hopefully they tell me something.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
dodgedisorder said:
i was afraid you were gona say that...maybe i'll just p pump it then. but thanx, i'll check the codes and hopefully they tell me something.
Lets not jump off the cliff yet... There is a lot of steps between here and the cliff yet...LOL

P-Pump is a alternate pump setup but it will cost you maybe double for all the parts you'll need. (P-pump, converted injector line, gear case, injection pump gear, etc).

These guys sell the kits...
http://www.haisleymachine.com/PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS.htm

As you'll see there is a lot of customizing you'll have to do to make things work. Also the ECM/PCM connection will have be dealt with too to keep the CEL light off... List goes on... :poke:

As for keeping a VP44 happy is easy... Always keep your fuel pressure above 10 PSI at all times! Then use a high quality fuel lubricant (<520 HFRR) and you'll never have a problem again.

But check for codes it could be something simple...:Thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its probaly your wire block cover right on top of the pump they are known for wire connection problems and will cause it to cut out at any given time for no reason. i think there is a aftermarket one to fix the problem for about 60.00

·
ricer's suck!
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i have a P0602 code- ECM fueling calibration error, thats what my smarty said. i hope that doesnt leed to the pump failling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts