The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck was running fine. Stopped at store got back on highway and it started to miss. Headed home and it made it about 5 miles while constantly getting worse. Finally quit completely. I changed fuel filter and it started up. Ran a minute and was smooth. After about 2 minutes went back to missing. Any ideas???:bang

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Have you changed the CPS yet to the new style?

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was changed in 2008 under the ford recall. Is that the new style?

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Yes it hould be.

·
452 Posts
Under valve cover harness may have worked loose. Did the check engine light come on??

·
22 Posts
If the filter clogged back up I would try changing the filter again and draining the fuel bowl.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fuel filter looked ok. No visible signs of any trash or anything. The check engine light never came on. I checked the dtc's and there were not any there. It acts like it is running out of fuel. It starts to miss and graduallys gets worse until it dies.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am thinking it is the fuel pump. It seems to run about twice as long when i am waiting for the wait to start light to go off than before. Any suggestions on brands and best place to get??

·
459 Posts
maybe water in the fuel?

·
452 Posts
I am thinking it is the fuel pump. It seems to run about twice as long when i am waiting for the wait to start light to go off than before. Any suggestions on brands and best place to get??
I have a good used stocker setting on the shelf I would probably part with...

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know what kind of tool i need to remove the fuel line from the rear of the fuel pump(line from tank). I got the front one off no problem but cant get the rear one.
Darrell let me know what you want for the used stocker. Thanks

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was the fuel pump. Back on the road now. Thanks guys for the help.:thumbsup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts