The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 international 4300 with a 466. My problem is when I start the truck the fan is always going and the temperature gauge which starts at 140 never comes off it it can sit there and idle for hours and never move the only time that it comes off it is if I'm working it kind of hard and then the temperature gauge is not coming up but once I start cruising again it'll drop back down to nothing and I lose power. Almost like is dumping a bunch of fuel in it and it's not able to burn all the fuel that's going in and my gas mileage has been terrible lately. Doesn't seem to matter if it's warm out or if it's cold meaning like 20° or less.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2005 international 4300 with a 466. My problem is when I start the truck the fan is always going and the temperature gauge which starts at 140 never comes off it it can sit there and idle for hours and never move the only time that it comes up is if I'm working it kind of hard and then the temperature gauge starts coming up but once I start cruising again it'll drop back down to nothing and I lose power. Almost like is dumping a bunch of fuel in it and it's not able to burn all the fuel that's going in and my gas mileage has been terrible lately. Doesn't seem to matter if it's warm out or if it's cold meaning like 20° or less. Cluster fan never seems to shut off it's always running from the minute I started to the minute I shut it off and I'm not sure if that's normal either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts