The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticied this more and more lately and was curious if anyone else has the same problem. It seems when I hit a good bumb which Louisiana's roads have plenty of, my truck loses power for a second.. My foot will never move off the go pedal but the RPMs fall almost to the point you think its going to stall then take off like nothing is wrong?? I thought it might have been a loose chassis ground or something but still has me puzzeled????

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Truck finally through a code today that was the P008C code. Fuel Cooler Control Circuit Open.. Any of you guros know if this could be giving me the problems listed above..

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
This is what I found for P008C

Description: The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the fuel cooling pump driver circuit for an
electrical concern. This DTC is set when the PCM detects an open condition on the fuel
cooler pump (FCP) circuit.

Possible Causes:
• Fuel cooler pump
• FCP circuit open in the harness
• VPWR circuit open in the harness

Diagnostic Aids: VPWR voltage should be present at the fuel cooler pump connector.

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jeff... I talked to Mick yesterday about it and thats what he said. Going to put it in the shop next week..

·
Work in Progress
171 Posts
I get the same problem from time to time but havent gotten a code yet.

·
Smokin
530 Posts
Mine does it too. No codes I would love to know what the problem is....Which dealer ship are you taking it to?

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took it to the dealership and they checked my grounds and batteries..Didnt fix anything, but they seem to think it is a short in the wiring harness and unless your are still under your basic warranty its an expensive game of chasing a ghost..

·
Smokin
530 Posts
You should try Marshal Ford. There techs will run circles around what we have here.

·
2,183 Posts
he didn't say they're mod friendly, he's just saying their techs are better.

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did talk with them on the phone and they said the same thing about labor cost being expensive if they cant find it easily. Thats what insurance is for if the short decides to go ablaze on me...

·
Smokin
530 Posts
I didn't say anything about mods u azz. Their techs are very smart. It's like this would u want someone with knowlodge and experience or some dumb redneck that knows how to use a screw driver to wrk on your Trk. It's ur choice but I know who I would use.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
I didn't say anything about mods u azz. Their techs are very smart. It's like this would u want someone with knowlodge and experience or some dumb redneck that knows how to use a screw driver to wrk on your Trk. It's ur choice but I know who I would use.
For the record, I wasn't being an @ss when I said that. I was looking out for the well being of the dealership you posted up about. I didn't know if anything was going to get posted about them being mod friendly or not. Just simply saying to keep the dealership names off the open forum. My bad I guess.....

·
2,183 Posts
Jeff you didn't do anything wrong

Reactions: 08stroker250

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
I took it to the dealership and they checked my grounds and batteries..Didnt fix anything, but they seem to think it is a short in the wiring harness and unless your are still under your basic warranty its an expensive game of chasing a ghost..

good to know!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts