The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has done it a few times now. I start my truck up and about 30sec it cuts off, I try to start it and it just spins over. I pop the hood and prime the pump a few pumps and try again and its starts??? LBZ 2007 44k miles on it. Going to change fuel filter and if it happens again will take it in for warranty work.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
have you checked your bleed screw to see if its cracked? or a cracked fuel line letting air in the fuel system? change your filter as you planned

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree, First thing make sure the fuel filter has been replaced in the past 12,000 miles. Then the Bleeder screw is one of the most common problem spots that will cause that.
If that’s the case we offer an Aluminum one to replace the stock one at the below link:
http://www.merchant-automotive.com/bleederscrewforfuelfilterhead.aspx
If that doesn’t fix it, spray down the filter head with brake cleaner, make sure it’s all clean and dry, then pump the primer until it’s good and firm. Look around the wires on the filter housing, and such for leaks. Otherwise there’s some other leak on the low pressure side of the cp3 pump ( between the pump and tank). So look for moisture/heavy dirt to show signs of a leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts