The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the about the past month the truck has puked about 3 or 4 times. Ive noticed it only happens when i romp on it or go wot for a little. When i check the coolant level theres coolant blown all over the hood. Tonight i was messin around with my friend that has a stock 6.4 and i passed him gettin on it and when we pulled over up the road he said that coolant blew out from under my truck and even onto his windshield. Any ideas? Blown head gasket??

·
1,415 Posts
Sounds like your HG is done.

·
2008 F350 Murdered out
244 Posts
Mine has been puking forever just haven't had time to take it in to ford

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
HG's are the most likely... could be your Coolers or a cracked head also...

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input everyone. Not sure on the build date but i know its a Job 1. I guess i will be putting it back to stock and taking it to the dealer eventually.

·
2,183 Posts
build date is on the door sticker

Reactions: F250stroker08

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Build date is 6/07

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
You probably have some of the first design head gaskets. They are the same ones (maybe slight changes) as the 6.0 head gaskets. There have been numerous changes to the 6.4 head gasket design. Best thing to do is take it in to the dealer and hope they replace the gaskets under warranty. I have 12,000 miles on the latest gasket design and my coolant has not yet moved running the 275 tune every day. I have also ran bigger tunes as well a few times. No puking and no movement of coolant in the degas bottle. That is with stock head bolts also. Good luck man! Keep us posted.

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You probably have some of the first design head gaskets. They are the same ones (maybe slight changes) as the 6.0 head gaskets. There have been numerous changes to the 6.4 head gasket design. Best thing to do is take it in to the dealer and hope they replace the gaskets under warranty. I have 12,000 miles on the latest gasket design and my coolant has not yet moved running the 275 tune every day. I have also ran bigger tunes as well a few times. No puking and no movement of coolant in the degas bottle. That is with stock head bolts also. Good luck man! Keep us posted.

Alright..thanks for the input. When i get time i will be putting it back to stock and hopefully the dealer will put new gaskets in under warrenty if thats what the problem is.

·
278 Posts
Could also be your oil cooler? What temps are you seeing on your EOT? I had an oil cooler go out and I puked a lot. Since the new Oil Cooler the truck has not puked

·
3 Posts
I am getting ready to do studs on my 450. Are there any aftermarket headgaskets for the 6.4 yet, or are the factory gaskets good enough with the studs?

·
24 Posts
When you guys put your trucks back to stock does it still puke? I'm having the same issue now and am wondering if I bring the truck in, they take it for a road test to try to simulate the problem and nothing happens then what? Do you just leave the bottle low with the residue all over the place under the hood?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I fought with Ford for 6 mnths about my puking because it would do it with a tune in and not stock. Finally I hooked up my fifth wheel and pulled a hill with the tech in the truck. Made it puke good. Then straight in for new HG and Elite studs.

Anything more then 16psi system pressure and you have a good leak some where.

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Could also be your oil cooler? What temps are you seeing on your EOT? I had an oil cooler go out and I puked a lot. Since the new Oil Cooler the truck has not puked

They range from about 190 to 198 normal driving.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
You blew a head gasket. If its not that then the EGR is messed up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts