The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
Doesn't go to pictures bud, just the welcome page. I'm sure your truck is real nice though!

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
Thats what I'm talkin' about....sweet Pete!!!!

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. I finally got the picture thing figured out. I just got my Operating Authority back after a 4 yr break in the oilfield and wanted to clean it up a bit. Money is tight so I had to keep some of the oilfield look. But I like that look anyway but the extra leafs in the steer axle gotta go SOON.
Your ride is pretty sweet too.

·
2,555 Posts
The oil patch look is cool . are you keeping the big front bumper?? a 357 style bumper would also look good :thumbsup

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I'm keepin the bumper. I have this idea of taking the factory fenders off the hood. And building some aluminium diamond plate fenders that mount to the bumper and the running boards. The hood would open as normal, it just wouldn't have any fenders hucked to it. I would really like to do some kind of a butterfly hood after that using modified factory panels. But gotta get to making some money first.

·
2,555 Posts
:woohoo now were thinkin' out side the box:happymugs

·
838 Posts
I like the bumper!

·
Still Diggin
634 Posts
I like the heavy work truck look that baby's not going to drag the ground.

·
2,555 Posts
Have you thought about the old style Pete HD offroad style fenders ???

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are talking about the fenders with flat top and the angled front and back? if so thats how I plan on doing them. If not show me what you are talking about.

·
2,555 Posts

·
Penguin
251 Posts
love the lights by the windows there in the front, never seen that before. veryy sharp rig!

·
2,555 Posts
Did those links I posted give you an idea of the old Pete Hd fender, those would really have people guessing.

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I was thinking something more like this. But Aluminium diamond plate. The fenders would stay with the bumper and running boards and the hood would open up between the fenders just like normal.

·
1,709 Posts
Sweet lookin rig!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts