The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so on friday morning i go to start my truck and it starts for like 1 second then dies. I go to try to start it again and it doesnt budge. I pop the hood, check injector lines, etc, and then i go to start it again and it starts after like 12 seconds of cranking. Today, i go to start the truck after sitting since 3am this morning and it does the exact same thing. I follow the same steps and it starts after like 12 seconds. My fuel pressure gauge that i am currently running isnt accurate. But since the truck doesnt do this on every startup, i am wondering if i either tightened the banjo bolt too tight on the ip and fuel cant squeeze through the hole(s), or my fuel filter is bad(only has about 5k on it). i should know more when my dipricol mechanical fp gauge arrives, but thats not until like friday. Any ideas why the rig is acting up?

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i think what went wrong was:

1) when i put in my fp gauge and everything was ready to go, i started the truck without bumping the starter. Therefore, i had to loosen injector lines 1 and 2 from the valve cover. This procedure worked to get the truck up and running, however, i didnt loosen the 3, 4, and 5 injector lines. So maybe air is trapped in there? Hopefully. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts