The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the wanli brand tires on a truck and if so will they hold up. What should a 11R x22.5 drive tire sell for.

·
990 Posts
Has anyone used the wanli brand tires on a truck and if so will they hold up. What should a 11R x22.5 drive tire sell for.
wanli tires are good i have them on my mack for steer tires. not sure what drives sell for though. my front floats were 300 each.:thumbsup

·
4,827 Posts
Never heard of them?

·
Still Diggin
634 Posts
Ive never heard of them as well. Still running firestones.

·
26 tires rolling
929 Posts
I wouldn't risk the gamble. I got a good set of Goodyear virgin take offs the other day for my boom truck for $150 with 80% left on them mounted.

The only Chinese tire i have seen thats worth a SHAT is the double coin tires and even then i would ONLY run them on a drive not a steer im not that big of a gambler when i comes to things like that.

plus i know how hot it gets out there during the summer and i wouldn't trust running the highway on a Chinese tire being the only thing keeping me from plowing a minivan into oblivion.

·
8 Posts
my boss purchased some wanli's the didnt last half as long as firestones on
a motorcoach cheaper to purchase but twice the wear from what i saw
john

·
2,710 Posts
I have used many sets of Firestone T831's and Goodyear G177's they seem to be fine tires.
Tho i think the firestone got better traction than the Goodyears did but the Goodyears tended to last a bit longer.

Mike
G177 top:

T831 bottom:

Attachments

·
89 Posts
I've run a few Wanlie tires they copied Firestone, Double Coin copied Michelin tires to the T and end up in court, I've got a set of Double coin on a lowboy (came from the factory with them been good tires) but I've been buying Daytons there American Made exact same tires as a firestone or bridgestone they come all off the same line

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have Wanlie what a guy told my three years ago was the face of the tire is synetetic and what touches the road is real rubber but its very cheap and its for highways

·
Ol Dirt Contractor
2,803 Posts
I never heard of that one. I even spelled it backwards, ilnaw. Now that sounds more like a tire there..

·
2,710 Posts
I still say G-177's years or T-831 Stones. . .
there 16 n 18 ply radials so they'll hold the loads and last the miles. . .
Might even save you from a few stucks if you ever hit snow or soft ground.

Mike

·
64 Posts
Tires?

I worked as a young man in a tire plant & was a close freind of a tire engineer--tread design is important but Not as important as the Grade of Rubber--He & I worked for Firestone-Now hes w/ MICH He now designs Aircraft tires--for our Govt -Boieng & NASSA Black project stuff--He has more Degrees than I have hair left--tires are like Batteries--Govt Specs--control tire Quailty--all Hi milage tires have a center tread design--grippers --tread like Military--Snow tires should have a slight taper to their tread design-a bit narrower at the top--as this type of tread allows snow to Fall out of the tread as it rotates on each REV--as all tires do RUN WARMER snow as a square design will trap in the snow--& you have a Worthless Hocky Puck design --I*M a retired Long Haul Trucker & I ran MICH all round--I used to Run Re-Treads--but after Loosing a few Plus!! my rear fenders I went to All new!--I live near a Big Truck Salvage Yard & in walking through their Big Yard I have seen a Lot of Very Nice Take Offs there!--on wrecks--w/Nice Deep tread--Allready mounted on Nice Wheels--thats where I*D look for Tires if I were still Trucking--just a Suggestion--Ole JIM--

·
2,710 Posts
you got a Big truck yard by you ?
You think you could take a snoop threw there and see what you can find for 11.00 20s ?

Mike

·
64 Posts
you got a Big truck yard by you ?
You think you could take a snoop threw there and see what you can find for 11.00 20s ?

Mike
--Ihere locally the big truck yard has followed suit--they have Crushed all the older stuff--& if? I remember correctly? 11.00 20s were tube type--theres lots of newer tires mounted on polished wheels--but I don*t remember? any bias tires?--from older trucks--but seeing you have asked?--I*l take a look just to be Sure?--Ole Jim--

·
2,710 Posts
Yea a lot of places are junking the old stuff but some keep the tube type 20's around if they got really good tread.
What sucks is most of the 11.00 20's came on and still come the army stuff not to many regular trucks ran them. . .

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts