The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the chevy in my sig is wat im refering to. i have37x12.50 bfg mud terrains.wen the truck isnt rolling i can not turn the wheel. as soon as i touch the gas and get it rolling i can kind of turn it. is this wat i can expect with this tire set up or is there something wrong or sumthing i can do to help. almost got stuck in a parking lot the other day. lol kinda scary thanx.......

·
188 Posts
You should be able o turn the wheels even stopped. Try the obvious things like power steering fluid and belt tension on the pump.

·
TDG Mafia Member #82
1,092 Posts
Setting still i cant turn my 37's Id say thats the problem just let it roll a little and it should straightn right up thats what i have to do........Just always back into parking spots!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha yes sir gotta park in the boonies and back in on top of that. yea i guess ill jus hav to live with it cuz everyting is fine with all steering related parts and fluid levels... god love the duramax and alison tho... lol first chevy

·
3,939 Posts
GM power steering pumps arent the best. I would be checking to see if the P/S pump shaft broke if the belt is fine and the fluid level is normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my first question would be, how are your brakes?

Are they normal, or are they hard to press?

With stock tires, from time to time I will even have a hard time to get the tires to turn. There is a know issue with the use of the brakes and turning while at idle. Chevy claims that everything is fine with the system, and that this is normal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
37's are not that big of tire, check pump, not the belt tension per say because it has a auto tensioner. But the guts inside the pump might have failed. Check fuild, also fluch/bleed refill and see if that helps. Check bumps stops is the last resort, might modify if the hit lock to lock. Also check all other linkages.

·
TDG Mafia Member #82
1,092 Posts
6.6powerjunky said:
37's are not that big of tire,
Sure theyre not if your crushing cars in big foot but compare them to stock255 or 265 then say that!
:poke:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think its jus a gm power steering pump thing cuz my old man has an 8 lifted h2 on 37's and the other day i was drivin it and it wouldnt turn jus like my chevy. sooo im not to worried jus kind of annoyed wen i get into tite spots in parking lots and such. wish i bought a shortbed sometimes until i load my dirtbikes and all our gear and easily shut my tailgate. lol lol and 37's are a big tire......

·
188 Posts
could always get a bigger steering wheel. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts