The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my trucks been in the shop for a LONG time now . he thought it was my injector pump. hes changed that and its still not running. he said its saying something about its throwing codes about electric problem to the pump . he thinks it might b the lift pump.. does this sound right. my luck it might b the comp is ****ed up

·
3,514 Posts
Yeah, the lift pump shouldn't cause it to throw codes. What codes is it throwing. Its really hard to say what might be wrong without knowing that.
Sean.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
sstockton said:
Yeah, the lift pump shouldn't cause it to throw codes. What codes is it throwing. Its really hard to say what might be wrong without knowing that.
Sean.
My 98.5 would run often when the lift didn't, after I wired up it up to the switch. :splat

·
400 Posts
Take the attitude completly off if you've got it installed and then try starting the truck. My friends '01 died and wouldn't start again but it would pump a "little" fuel out of the pump. I took his off and the truck started. Now everthing is fine again.

·
Registered
557 Posts
remove all aftermarket boxes when diagnosing these types of things.

Lift pump can be checked easily enough. Install a pressure gauge to the fitting on the top of the filter head. FASS makes a great direct fit pump kit for these that is much better then the OEM replacment part

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont have a fass for a edge yet . in my sig i wrote soon, bc i was going to get them with in a couple months till this happened

1 - 6 of 6 Posts