The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get the trans skid plate off a tRX4 with the 68RFE and mounting hardware. thanks guys

·
131 Posts
a junk yard would be my first check, they would be used and most likely cheaper, the dealer would be the absolute last stop for this kind of part the most expensive and longest wait. hope this helps.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but around here these trucks never make it to a junk yard. last time I was there the newest dodge pick was a 97-98ish..just wondered about an online source or what not.

·
Ghost
628 Posts
Dealership...........................................................................afterhours.

·
131 Posts
yes phily but be careful most of them do have very nice security cameras, but a good idea never the less, you could also try shops that do 4wheeldrive work.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tempting Philly but not worth it in the long run..are there any aftermarket sources to consider? I may call a driveline shop here that does lifts...

·
Ghost
628 Posts
Dealership...........................................................................afterhours.
Don't remember posting this, must have been smashed.:bang:

I would say it's going to be super hard to find a skid plate being such a new design. Have you even got a quote from the dealership yet. 10% of the time I go to a dealership I'm surprised be a decent price. I picked up a transmission wire harness plug for 5 bucks once. It was for a 47re.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't remember posting this, must have been smashed.:bang:

I would say it's going to be super hard to find a skid plate being such a new design. Have you even got a quote from the dealership yet. 10% of the time I go to a dealership I'm surprised be a decent price. I picked up a transmission wire harness plug for 5 bucks once. It was for a 47re.
Oppps....yeah Im gonna call the dealer tomorrow and see what they say maybe they will hook me up at a decent price...though I doubt it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts