The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running this tuner? From other forums this sounds like what I may be interested in. The only thing is that I was wondering if it got rid of or reduced the annoying turbo lag of the 06 6.0?

I'm not really looking for big horsepower or torque, just more get up and go with some smoke of course!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been running the TS 5X tuner for a few months now, I am running the 150hp tune. Deffinately reduced turbo lag vs. stock, part of the improvement is probably due to my intake and exhaust upgrades as well as the tuner. Not much smoke though, less than SCT but more than Quad in my experience.

I like the TS 5X for every day driving, the power comes on smooth and linear. Not as wild of a ride as the SCT and Quad race tunes in my opinion. Feels like stock only with much more power. I am getting better fuel mileage too, about 17mpg mixed commute driving vs. about 15.5mpg before using TS 5X.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Hey another NE memeber. Welcome. I haven't used the TS unit as I am pro SCT but I hear it is good for daily driving but doesn't have much smoke. Not sure if you could request that Dennis give you a little more smoke or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts