The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just Bought A Ts 6 Pos Chip For My 2003 F-250 4x4 Automatic 7.3 Powerstroke With A Ats Trans & Torque Converter

50 Hp Setting Is Way More Black Smoke Than My Old Super Chip 110 Hp Setting, And All The Other Settings Are Outragously Black Smokey!!! 75 Hp, 100 Hp, 140 Hp I Can`t Even Use There Is So Much Black Smoke.

Also On 100 Hp, And 140 Hp Settings The Up Shift 3-4 Slams In So Hard It Feels Like The Rearend Is Going To Fall Out.

Please Help !!! I Don`t Want To Try Another Product Again

·
Registered
411 Posts
Your chip might be set up for a stock truck. This might be why it is shifting so hard. If the tranny is already set up for firm shifts and the chip adds more line pressure, then it might shift too hard.

It has more power then the old super chip, right?

-dan

·
0 Posts
Strokerbro...first off, welcome to the site.

Secondly...you need to get in touch with TS and let them know of your concerns...or at least the TS dealer you got the chip from. Let them know whats going on and how you want your truck to run.

Byenow on our board is co-owner of TS. Contact her and see what she has to say.

Dave

·
"Lady in Red&
173 Posts
STROKERBO said:
I Just Bought A Ts 6 Pos Chip For My 2003 F-250 4x4 Automatic 7.3 Powerstroke With A Ats Trans & Torque Converter

50 Hp Setting Is Way More Black Smoke Than My Old Super Chip 110 Hp Setting, And All The Other Settings Are Outragously Black Smokey!!! 75 Hp, 100 Hp, 140 Hp I Can`t Even Use There Is So Much Black Smoke.

Also On 100 Hp, And 140 Hp Settings The Up Shift 3-4 Slams In So Hard It Feels Like The Rearend Is Going To Fall Out.

Welcome to the garage. I see this is your first post.

The heavy smoke you are detailing in all settings is not a normal characteristic of our programs. There will be smoke in the extreme setting.
Where was your chip purchased? Was it purchased through a TS dealer, an individual or direct from TS?

Feel free to pm me or call the shop.

Sheila

·
6,337 Posts
STROKERBO said:

What have you done to your truck? Exhaust? Intake?

Could be many things, But lack of airflow will cause lots of black smoke. A 50 hp program (anyones) should not give you more then a hase at WOT... Fill out your signature and let us know what you have done to your truck!

And WELCOME!!!:Thumbup:

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Byenow said:
Welcome to the garage. I see this is your first post.

The heavy smoke you are detailing in all settings is not a normal characteristic of our programs. There will be smoke in the extreme setting.
Where was your chip purchased? Was it purchased through a TS dealer, an individual or direct from TS?

Feel free to pm me or call the shop.

Sheila
IT WAS PURCHASED BY A DEALER ON THEDIESELSTOP.COM DEWAYNE MCMULLIN

·
S.L.A.P.S. Sgt. at Arms
440 Posts
I would seem to think this is a set up problem. I have the same chipo in my truck and I am very happy with it.

Get it reflashed to fit your truck.

Will-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts