The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a TS performance 6-position chip for my 1997 7.3. I was wondering if the "High Idle" setting will also close the EBPV when idleing? I am also wondering if it is worth getting one of these chips tuned by Beans, Swamps, or Wildman over getting just a regular TS tuned chip. My only mods will be a DIY intake, guages, and a full turbo back exhaust. Thanks.

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have some information on this?

·
78 Posts
it depends. on the dp tuner i have chosen to have my EBPV closed and does just fine. me personally would recommend they something other than the TS because the other ones are directly tuned for your truck.

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So when I order a TS chip, I just have to specify I want the EBPV closed on high idle?

·
78 Posts
yea you could try it. but, if i were you though i would just get a dp tuner. you pick what tune you want, tune it for the mods you have, and if you want closed ebpv they can do. thats just my own thoughts.

·
535 Posts
why wouldnt you just have high idle and let the EBPV work as normal? mine is the DIY high idle and if its 20 degrees or less i will let the truck idle for 15 sec or so then craink it to about 1100RPM and if its cold theEBPV closes, if its summer or warmed up and im just idling up for a jump start or power for high amp draw, then theres no sence having the EBPV closed.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
The chips we program allow the EBPV to work normal as stated by just visiting. This is how I have it on my 2002 7.3L. It is they way that I prefer as well. The file can be designed to close it automatically if that is what you want. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Thanks,
Kenny
352-636-0812

1 - 7 of 7 Posts