The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a TS chip and was excited to put on but now that ive installed it at 140hp my egts go to 1200-1400 and thats not good what is needed to lower egts down

·
38 Posts
i got 4 inch exhaust and k&n intake.on the high setting mine likes to heat up too,cant run it real hard or for very long cuz it goes to high on the temp.thinking bout getting intercooler for mine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Intake and Exhuast

·
459 Posts
Are these Generic TS TUnes? If they are, i would send the chip off to Beans Diesel Performance so you can get more specific tunes towards your truck. And i agree with what everyone else said.

If you have Stock Injectors, i dont think Water/Meth is needed. But Intake and Exhaust should help some. Do you still have a stock turbo? Make sure you have no Exhaust leaks at the Uppipes and check your intercooler boots for leaks also.

If youa re cruising at speed limits and you are 1200-1400* egts, then yes u have aproblem. But if you romp on it at WOT and it gets up there, as long as you dont stay on it for a long period of time, it shouldnt be an issue

·
STROKIN' IT
287 Posts
better worry about your tranny also... haha i ahve the same chip and found this out the hard way :(

·
46 Posts
yeah i have the same chip and just put an ATS stage 2 tranny in my truck.. Demolished the stock tranny with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts