The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering how much better the dp tunner was than the ts. for my 00 7.3. My ts turns up 2 140hp

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
DP Tuner all the way......but I have heard they are all good. I personally had a TS chip and it is nothing compared to the DP tuner.

·
1,423 Posts
Well,Do tell more,we all would like to hear about that statement! I would love to hear about what the ts guys are missing,maybe I will change if it sounds good .

:usflag

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Well,Do tell more,we all would like to hear about that statement! I would love to hear about what the ts guys are missing,maybe I will change if it sounds good .

:usflag
It's all preference........All I can say is Dp Tuner will speak for it's self......try it and find out. With the TS chip I felt the difference but Dp Tuner chip it was night and day. Thats all if you like TS you should post you like it and give the guy your info. I'm not here to argue with you who is the best.

·
1,423 Posts
Oh don't get me wrong, I would like to hear how it is better. I have never used one and hear a lot of people that like it. I'm being nice ,I just want to learn guy.I might like it too if it rocks.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Its all good....I might have takin you the wrong way...sorry. DP Tuner does Rock....but that is my opinion......you may like what you have better. DP Tuner does have way more options and very nice products.

·
1,423 Posts
Did you get more throttle response in each setting as compared to your ts chip.and was each one a specific tune for the truck or off the shelf tunes ?

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Did you get more throttle response in each setting as compared to your ts chip.and was each one a specific tune for the truck or off the shelf tunes ?
I did have live tuning done......but the off the shelf tunes that I had were very good also from DP Tuner.

·
1,423 Posts
I wanted to go to John Woods live tune day and see what Jody could do on the dyno I am just waiting on that balancer still,ATI sucks at customer service .I have been waiting since Christmas For a hub! this is BS from ATI ,Maybe I should post about it.

·
862 Posts
TS and DP are both good chips, but most of it comes down to personal preferences. I've had a chance to compare both (in a manner of speaking) out here in Colorado.

A friend of mine has an 01 PSD and for several years ran a TS chip. I've always run a DP-Tuner, and we had a chance to ride in each other's trucks. The biggest complaint he had was the shifting strategy of the TS chip was rougher than what he wanted. My biggest complaint at the time with the DP-Tuner was the shift strategy was causing my engine to lug at high altitudes. However, I did get that changed and the shifting is now dead on where I want it.

We also drag raced at Bandimere. Even with nothing but a chip/intake/exhaust, my truck always ran faster E/T's and MPH. To add to this, my truck has always had a lift and tires, my friend's truck runs stock suspension and stock sized tires. So even with my disadvantage at the track, my truck ran faster with the DP than his did with the TS.

Afterwards, he switched to a DP-Tuner chip and raced again at Bandimere. This time he ran quicker E/T's with faster trap speeds. The chip was the only change he made. He then went to a live tuning session with Jody, and dropped his times even more.

So after that experience, it seems that yes there is a bit of a difference in tuning between the two. Just to note, there are plenty of people out there who are happy with the TS tunes. So again, it's all about personal preference.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
DP TUNER I HAVE HAD JODY WORK ON MY TRUCK IN PERSON. the shifting is almost better than the power and as far as customer svc dp cant be beat i had them call me on a sunday night @ 800 to help me with a problem. no one has that kind of cus svc anymore

·
812 Posts
i would choose DP over TS, but i really like my wildman

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks, i just wanted to see how thay compare.
Ill probley get a dp

·
Pulling Sled for hire
174 Posts
If you get a TS get one custom tuned from any of the tuners out there. Tony Wildman, Power Hungry Performance, & Swamps are just one of the MANY that can do it. As long as you're getting custom tunes you'll be happy with either chip.

Justin

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i bought my truck with the ts installed. i've looked on ts website but cant find the chip i have. Its the 5 or 6 bank one. Not sure, and i dont know much about live tunnig and all that. Is that the same as custom tunes, could i get that on my ts? Like on the dp site you can choose what you want..ex 140 aggrassive - lope idle - warm up. Can you do this with a ts? thanks

·
Pulling Sled for hire
174 Posts
i bought my truck with the ts installed. i've looked on ts website but cant find the chip i have. Its the 5 or 6 bank one. Not sure, and i dont know much about live tunnig and all that. Is that the same as custom tunes, could i get that on my ts? Like on the dp site you can choose what you want..ex 140 aggrassive - lope idle - warm up. Can you do this with a ts? thanks
Yes, you can send off your TS chip and get it updated with custom tunes. You can also have it live tuned, but that involves you setting up an appointment with a tuner in person. DP cannot re-tune your TS chip. It's my understanding that they only have the equipment to flash the chips they use.
I think Diesel Performance Plus is one of the supporting vendors that can re-tune your TS. There may be others, they were just on the top of my head.

Justin

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks man

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
I would say do it once and get DP only because you can get a chip that you can have up to 16 tunes at a touch of a button, and if you get the new chip you will never have to send it away for a new tune.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts