The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 6 position TS Performance chip w/ the supporting mods in my sig, but my question is that if I get a Shift Kit will I have to have the chip reburned?? Also I am not sure when the chip was burnt if it mattered if I had the intake and exhaust and they burnt the chip to a stock setup and if so is there a difference??

Thanks

David

·
6,337 Posts
You will be fine with a valve body or shift kit, I would suggest a valve body for the best results, but its more $$$ Bob at dieselsite sells a nice one for $225... I know BTS sells one but I have no idea what the cost is... You wont need to reburn the chip unless you add something big and want to change it, such as No2 or maybe propane (remove some timing).

·
0 Posts
The BTS valve body is also $225 IIRC.

And if you update the valve body, I personally would contact TS and have a re-burn done to take full advantage of the new shifting. Plus is gives them the opportunity to look over the tunes on the chip vs. what you have and decide if they are the best for you.

·
0 Posts
That I really don't know. It varies from vendor to vendor. I would contact them directly, or PM "ByeNow" here. Sheila (ByeNow) is co-owner of TS.

·
6,337 Posts
some its about $100- some its more...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts