The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got done putting a 6 pos ts chip on my truck..it did what it said it would do and really opened it up. 1st of all i put the chip in backward the first time and truck wouldnt start...then i got it turned right and it started right up...idled fine....well i ran it pretty hard for a very short period of time testing the diff pos, then parked it for about45 min whuke i mounted the switch...just for good measure i started the truck up and it would barley idle for about 10-15 seconds then was fine...is this normal or have i screwed something up? i need gauges i know...thanks in advance

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
DONT RUN WITHOUT GAUGES EVER does it idle rough every time or just that once how hot was the turbo whene you shut it down opps i forgot you need gauges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
6,337 Posts
I would bet that you just loaded it up with fuel when you shut it down... You need to let it settle down a bit after a hard run.

Get some gauges...

Attachments

G

·
Is it still doing it, or has it stopped. If it keeps up I would look into it more. If it doesn't do it again, who knows what it originally was. Pyro, and boost guage will help you out, we all start somewhere. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the next couple of times it started and ran fine...but i left it on the 50 hp setting and i loved it then the truck just died...then wouldnt start back up...i thought the chip may have come loose or something so i re-did the install, and still wont start....im beginning to think the chip has nothing to do with it and from what i hear maybe a cps???? also...when i order my gauges...my 02 alradey has trans temp...so which kind of gauges should i get and what is pyro???

·
Dually Club member #56
36 Posts
A pyro is the exhaust temp gauge, that works off of a thermocouping in the exhasut system ( usually in the manifold). I just did gauges myself, and found the factory gauge is very ambigues (spelling). So I would still get a tranny temp gauge. - Ol Red

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok cheap insurance i guess....and just 2 on the a pillar might look goofy ha....well i had to get my truck towed yesterday...should i suggest to the mechanic maybe a cps? i saved forever for this truck and this has got me concerned cause i want it all right..thanks for the info im still learnein

1 - 7 of 7 Posts