The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 6.4 job 3. I have a coolant leak. I see there is a TSB. IF the 3/36 is up is it still covered. The truck has 85k on it.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I have an 08 6.4 job 3. I have a coolant leak. I see there is a TSB. IF the 3/36 is up is it still covered. The truck has 85k on it.
From the limited knowledge I have, if it's the upper hose, the hose is not covered, but the labor to install it is covered.
That's the way my dealer did it for me. I have like 45,000 miles on mine.

Do you have a 450 or 550? What kind of fuel economy are you getting? I can't even break 10 MPG.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well just an update. Took my truck into the dealer to get the coolant leak looked at. They come back with a quote for $1300 for a new radiator. I tell them about the TSB. They come back with a TSB isn't a warranty and if the the truck was still under warranty they would fix it. I called Ford customer care to see if I could get any help on that end. What a joke. The woman kept telling me I could log on to customer care @ yada yada yad.com and see any recalls on the vehicle in the future. Every time she said that my respons was how does this help me now? The dealer called a regional rep and they knocked it down to $500. That helps and was nice but it clearly states in the TSB it's from the thermostat hyper extending. It's not my thermostat I put in obviously the know there is a problem with them because they came up with the TSB. So why should I have to pay for any of it?
Side note. I'm watching supercross as I type this and a lawyer commercial comes on saying if you own a 6.0l powerstroke contact them and they may be able to help. LOL. I get a kick how these mfg's get away with this. :bdh

·
606 Posts
The factory was covering the radiator, under the power train warranty, because of the thermostats. It was always the lower left side leaking. Now it seems that they threw out their theory about the thermostats, and no longer cover the radiator. Also, the T mod on the hoses from the degass bottle, was suppose to address this issue also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts