The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The set up I have now is a Sliver 62 turbo 100 sticks Hrvp and a tst mp3 with no Smarty.

what do people like more the tst smarty or drag comp for power and TQ. I am going to be sled pulling this summer with one of these. Just wanted to know what people liked.
Thanks

·
3,514 Posts
A buddy of mine that has a shop down in Texas, ran the Drag comp smarty stack and the Tst Smarty stack and said that he ultimately liked the TST smarty stack better. He thought it fueled harder and was more agressive. he also said he thought it was too much for the street with a single charger, but that was also running 200hp injectors. And the truck was used for drag racing instead of sled pulling. With all that said, you post is a little vague, are you thinking of either running a stack with a Tst/smarty stack and just the edge box by itself, or would the edge be stacked as well? The stack will be more aggressive than the single thats for sure.
Sean

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I probley wouldnt stack the edge comp. also in the furture i will be getting some mach 4 or 5's too. I am just looking to see what would be the best for what I got and not send alot of money at the same time.

·
464 Posts
If it was me I would buy the smarty to go with your TST since you already have it. But I like the Drag Comp alone for pulling aswell.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
I would say TST and Smarty is the best combo... Being the TST box is just FUEL only. Then stack the Smarty on with more FUEL and TIMING.

With Edge Comp and Smarty you got to becareful that you don't run a timing program on the Smarty... Too much timing can be rather damaging... :wow

·
93 Posts
so the tst is a better fuel box then the comp.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i would run the edge and the smarty. the smarty comes wit the option to turn on and off the timing. and the comp doenst, so used the fueling and timing from edge comp. and no timing , only fueling from the smarty.

·
93 Posts
so the Smarty can just be used a fueling box. I didn't know that. How much timing can the 24 handle? i think i heard 30.

·
3,514 Posts
The smarty has all of its settings with or without timing, so it can be run with a box that does fueling/timing or just fueling. The TST is a more aggressive fueling box than the edge. It puts out roughly the same power increase, but without doing any timing advance.
Sean

·
93 Posts
What tst box is best?

·
Registered
432 Posts
the powermax 3 from what i can gather it takes control of the injection comes with a remote to change the power level from 15hp 40 ftlbs all they way up to 120hp and 360 torque

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have a tst i just bought a smarty so i will try it and tell ya wat i think.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I love my Comp/Smarty stack.... I also have alot of customers that are very very happy with there Quadzilla Adrenaline.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i bet u cant beat it and then stack it with a smarty on top of that that is really mean u will sell slot of them especially when they come out for the cr trucks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts