The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one tell me if i need a new gasket when removing the plate to modify the solenoid pack. the transgo kit did not come with a new gasket. i have not got the solenoid pack out yet but would like to know in advance thanks

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
For tugger or SK-2 kits you will need a pair of gaskets. 1 for each side of the plate.
-
-
-

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RacerX said:
For tugger or SK-2 kits you will need a pair of gaskets. 1 for each side of the plate.
-
-
-
racer x i took the plate out and the gaskets on both sides did not stick to anything or break(they stayed with the metal plate). so i reused them do you think that was a bad idea. if they do not seal what will happen will i be abel to notice the tranny acting funny. i have already drived it 10 miles and every thing seems fine. it does shift firmer and fast (faster as in doesnt take as long, not at lower speed). believe it or not i think i drilled the calibration plate correctly the first time. this was the deepest i have ever been in an auto trans. i appreciate your help. sorry for aggrevating you so much on all of the auto trans questions.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If they don't seal, there will be a cross leak. If you notice no problem, they had enough compression to seal. No need to worry if there is nothing wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts