The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the DFUSER POWER tune from bill.....i have no studs yet and i am still under warranty...... will i be ok as long as i dont be kicking it at every stoplight???? also got the smoke tune just for fun...are these very bad to run???? this is a great site with good people and i do appreciate all ya'll help

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
you should be just fine without problems. As for the smoke tunes if you dont have guages be carefull because they run pretty hot. I also wouldnt run much of any performance tune without gauges if you plan on running it hard.

·
2,951 Posts
newtodiesel said:
just got the DFUSER POWER tune from bill.....i have no studs yet and i am still under warranty...... will i be ok as long as i dont be kicking it at every stoplight???? also got the smoke tune just for fun...are these very bad to run???? this is a great site with good people and i do appreciate all ya'll help
I had dfuser power for 50 miles before it puked!:damnit

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok if i puke can i just uninstall the tune ans go back to street pro without any problems???? or once you puke its back to the dealer?????:shrug:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does the smoke tunes produce ALOT of smoke????

·
2,951 Posts
newtodiesel said:
ok if i puke can i just uninstall the tune ans go back to street pro without any problems???? or once you puke its back to the dealer?????:shrug:
I puked with his tune 4 weeks ago. I put my bullydog back in the truck and have had no problems since:shrug: . Everyone told me that I blew the head gaskets but it still runs good and I still beat on it with the bullydog with no problems. How do you like the tune(power)? What did you have before? Thanks,

Lonnie

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was running the street pro tune until tonight now i guess i am gonna try the dfuser power tune unless someone tell me otherwise.......dont mind trying since i am under warranty so i guess ford will/might cover hg blows or replacement

·
1,660 Posts
there is no way anyone will be able to say you will or will not puke with any tune or tuner. Its a gamble, only time will tell. It seems as though each truck is different. there is also no garantee that if you puke on the power tune and you go back to a lesser tune that the puking will stop. It all depends on what caused the puking (flash boiling in the egr cooler or head bolts ) If its the bolts stretching that caused the puking , the question then is how far did they stretch. its strange really, also one of the reasons i only run tow tunes.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
mattsn said:
there is no way anyone will be able to say you will or will not puke with any tune or tuner. Its a gamble, only time will tell. It seems as though each truck is different. there is also no garantee that if you puke on the power tune and you go back to a lesser tune that the puking will stop. It all depends on what caused the puking (flash boiling in the egr cooler or head bolts ) If its the bolts stretching that caused the puking , the question then is how far did they stretch. its strange really, also one of the reasons i only run tow tunes.
Totally Agree... I gave him the same speech....

·
2,035 Posts
I don't know much of anything about the dfuser tunes, but I know a lot of tuners mess with timing which is a sure fire way to get your motor puking. Timing changes can yield power, but they can also cause a little vomit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts