The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help with a tuner for my 98.5 Ram 2500 24v...
I know there are very few options-
I have a DiabloSport Power puck but would like a little more gogo on the old girl. It is mild with FASS lift pump and AFE intake with 5" straight pipe.
I've heard so many problems with people blowing their VP pump with tuners but have to wonder if they were running on the highest level.
Basically i would like more than the 50hp I get from the Puck- was hoping for something like 80hp gain.
What do you think of and does anyone have for sale any of the following--------
Quadzilla Adrenaline
Edge Comp
Quadzilla XZT
Edge EZ
Banks Big Hoss

Any input or preference on these tuners would be great and also if anyone has one for sale let me know. Ive read some great reviews on the Quad Adr, but also a lot of horror stories on blown VP pumps and malfunctioning and surging.
I guess I may be leaning toward the XZT or an Edge Comp....
help please

Email me at [email protected]

Jimmy Mac

·
1,189 Posts
well my vote is for edge comp, but if you don't have gauges then get a edge juice with attitude and you will get all the gauges you need. What fass pump is on it? most of the time the vp dies do to lack of fuel. 100k on my truck with the edge comp or edge juice and made almost 700hp and beat the snot out of it, but still get 20+ mpg on the highway with it. Supply your pump with fuel and it will live.

·
4,827 Posts
Supply your pump with fuel and it will live.
Assuming the electronics on the VP don't overheat and puke.

Edge Juice w/ Attitude monitor, tapped pump wire (via a BD Stealth cover).

My VP is heading south, but the lift pump was toast when I bought the truck. Had 0psi when I bought it. Surprised it hasn't flat out croaked yet. Idles like chit when it warms up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts