The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 big horn cummins with a Bully Dog PMT. I finally got the chip to work and it puts down so much power that the rpm's just fly up because the clutch is spinning. The rig only has 54,000 miles and dosent slip when its on the tow mode. When on performance or extreme modes I can only give about a third to half throttle or else the clutch cant hold it. I think that the motor is putting out between 400 to 450 hp on the high settings. Any ideas about what to do?
Thanks everyone! :93C_peelo

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Get a better clutch, thats about all you can do

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
the G56 clutches wont hold much more than stock, time to upgrade to a better clutch.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Its all part of making more power, figure out what kinda future mods your going to do to the truck and find a clutch that suits your needs. Southbend makes some great clutches, check em out.

·
TDG Singles Club Mem #57
552 Posts
thats what mine did when i had a superchip. It fried it. lookin into a south bend clutch

·
Registered
39 Posts
i had two south bend clutches and they both fried. but i dont really understand y. i was running the edge comp box. and i pulled trailors on occasion but mostly just drove it around , i ended up takin the comp out. and puttin the stock clutch back in it. they wanted to bump up to the dual disk clutch,. but i wasnt aboout to pay for it.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
chimichaha said:
i had two south bend clutches and they both fried. but i dont really understand y. i was running the edge comp box. and i pulled trailors on occasion but mostly just drove it around , i ended up takin the comp out. and puttin the stock clutch back in it. they wanted to bump up to the dual disk clutch,. but i wasnt aboout to pay for it.

I think that it was probably an installation issue. Or you got one too small or slipped it way to much. Peter should work with you and get it to work right

:2cents

·
Local Cummins nut
261 Posts
You should look in to ValAir. Dan is a great guy to deal with & he has top notch customer service! He really stands behind his product!

·
121 Posts
im not a big fan of zoom clutches for everyday driving at least in a diesel they r built for high rpm racing purposes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts