The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a tuner and DPF delete for my '08. Do I really need to spend the money on a Spartan tuner? I don't care about getting an extra 250hp. I strictly want to get better fuel mileage and make my truck run properly. I currently average 360 km/tank in town and roughly 520 km/tank on the highway. I use my truck mostly for work and hauling large trailers. The truck now has 92 000km on it and it's about time I fix my fuel mileage issue. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

·
FukeneH
197 Posts
I love my spartan 500km town 800+ highway.i think you can get the same mileage with sct with innovative tunes,also the mini max. There is a new Superships out,have not read any reveiws on mileage yet.To get the best mileage need 3 basic things from your tuner HP,TURN OFF the egr,delete the DPF.To stay out of the shop trans tuning is needed for the High horsepower tunes.can not speak for the others but my 210 tune cycles the EGR valve at idle and in park keeps it from gumming up and throwing codes.

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand the Spartan works well but I don't want to break the bank. If I was looking for huge hp, I would certainly buy the Spartan, however, I just want to get better fuel mileage by opening up the exhaust and tuning it properly.

·
278 Posts
There are other tuners out there but Spartan has been proven and is a successful tuner. I would spend the $$$ and run the Spartan. I too did not want big HP but I found the 210 tune works the best on my truck for towing and driving around town. I hate my truck stock...FYI

·
FukeneH
197 Posts
I understand the Spartan works well but I don't want to break the bank. If I was looking for huge hp, I would certainly buy the Spartan, however, I just want to get better fuel mileage by opening up the exhaust and tuning it properly.
to get the best mileage you will have to increase HP
There are other tuners out there but Spartan has been proven and is a successful tuner. I would spend the $$$ and run the Spartan. I too did not want big HP but I found the 210 tune works the best on my truck for towing and driving around town. I hate my truck stock...FYI
x2 reg 210 is perfect
H&S is the way to go..
if i had to buy a tuner today prob be the minimax

1 - 7 of 7 Posts