1,402 Posts
i like spartan, very satisfied

both

gained

Reactions: 2ND2NONE

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
The price is $1249.00, for 3 tunes up to the 210hp. Plus a dpf delete pipe, or you could get Regen on tunes up to the 150hp. I have two Spartan tuned trucks, and have been very happy....

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
for tuner, 1300 or less, i couldnt remember, with high hp tunes, extra, with delete pipe, more

Reactions: 2ND2NONE

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
Try contacting Greenhorn Diesel. He is running the dpf on tune. I think you may be able to find him on this forum...

Couldn't find him listed. I will pm him on the Spartan forum and have him contact you...

·
Registered
59 Posts
how is the 150 tune with the dpf on
The 150 dpf enabled tune is awesome. It has a lot of snap to it. Shifting is better, along with the performance of the engine. Huge difference over stock. I have gained 1.5 mpg with it, but it would be better if I can stay out of the go pedal. That is hard because it is just so much fun. It is also on shorter trips. I regen about every 400 miles, instead of my normal 2-300 miles. I am on my second tankfull with it. I know it will let you regen at idle...I found that out last night. I haven't towed with it yet. I would say you would gain something towing mpg wise, but the driveability would far out weigh any mileage increase. I will tell you that you will have a *****ty grin when you get on it, especially when you beat a Dodge diesel, Silverado gasser, and a Mazda RX8. If you get over to the Spartan or Powerstroke.org forums, you will see my stories with those.

·
Registered
37 Posts
After reading a TON of info, I ended up with Spartan.

I got the special deal (3 tunes, + one race tun, FloPro full delete exhaust and AFE Stage II)

I got the DashDaq - 75, 150, 210, 275 - FLoPro 4" full stainless exhaust - AFE Stage II dropped at my garage door for a bit under $2100 (this includes the shipping price)

I have seen a +4 MPG in average mileage, I have yet to tow. Truck runs great and I am completely satisfied...

I have ordered a Aero 4040LX Resonated muffler to add into the straight pipe exhaust. I know with towing my camper I am going to get a drone and that will take care of it. I had a ton of wood pellets in the bed loaded with the 275 tune and I did not even know I had a ton in the bed. I did get some drone sound in the cab, but again the muffler will kill that.

I did have questions and called Spartan after my install. It took them a day to get back to me, but they are a small operation and are extremely busy. After I spoke with Matt he took the time and answered ALL my questions. I hung up the phone feeling like I spoke with a long-time friend, very personable and thorough in his explanations.

All in all, I am EXTREMELY satisfied with my purchase!

·
I hate all day....
371 Posts
You can get a SCT with Eric's custome tune that put done 549 HP the other day much cheaper than any other spartan setup.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have not seen 549...but maybe it did...I seen a few 530s...and thats impressive..theres no doubt about...I have the tune on the way to me.

·
499 Posts
What hp is the spartan 275 tune the are both pretty close arent they. im running the 275 and so far its been awesome and mileage is awesome.. im sure erics tunes are awesome also, its going to be interesting what time u run in the 1/4 mile. didnt u run a 13.3 in the 1/4 with the 275 pahrump

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah one guy did a back to back..hp was up on Erics tune, tq was up on spartans tune...very close all the way around.

Yeah 13.3 on #2 with the 275 spartan

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have only been one time back with the old 250 tune..made 499.xx

But I am not that big on dyno racin, they can easily vary from one to another, times at the track matter

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
If i were you, i wouldnt get a tuner unless you are going to take off the DPF. Your not going to see really high trq/hrsp numbers, not going to get a nice sound, and not going to see good mileage gains. Dont waste your money on a DPF on chip like bullydog or banks. Get either SCT or Spartan with DPF delete tunes. If you keep the DPF on and run a tuner your just going to clog it up fast, which will cost you a ton of money. I say Tune it with spartan and loose those huge pipes. :thumbsup

Reactions: 08powersmoke

·
278 Posts
Plus a tuner with the DPF still on in theory still voids the warranty so if you are going to go for it why not go all the way and get all the benefits?? IMO leave it stock or go with the Spartan/SCT DPF delete to maximize MPG and HP!!! Just my 2 cents. You truck & your $$..

·
990 Posts
all these guys just summed it all up in a nutshell. everybody i say running a spartan dpf delete is pretty happy with either the performance or the mpg's you can have both and a lot of fun with it. i give 2061 shipped to my door for 3 reg tunes and the 275, flo pro exhaust, and s&b intake. you can't beat that deal for the power and money spent.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Thats a good deal, and worth every penny.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts