The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has a LLY/Allison with a 4" lift & 35" tires. Last weekend he changed the gears to 4.56 to help tow his "toy" trailer. Everything is great now, except He cant get the speedo correct. He has the Diablo Predator tuner & it only does tire size differences. The dealer wasnt much help either, they dont have programming or anything for 4.56's. Any other way to correct this?

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll let him know. His computer is broken, otherwise he'd join up....so he says:nunu:

·
11 Second Truck Club
397 Posts
nevrenufhp said:
A buddy of mine has a LLY/Allison with a 4" lift & 35" tires. Last weekend he changed the gears to 4.56 to help tow his "toy" trailer. Everything is great now, except He cant get the speedo correct. He has the Diablo Predator tuner & it only does tire size differences. The dealer wasnt much help either, they dont have programming or anything for 4.56's. Any other way to correct this?
The Predator will allow you to input the correctl tire size and gear ratio. Sounds like he is not applying those parameters correctly on the tune. The way the Predator has you modify those parameters is a bit funky.

Taking it to a speedo shop is a waste of money provided you apply the tune right.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He was telling me it doesn't have the parameters for the combo he has. He said it will do 35's & 4.11, but that's as close as he got.

·
11 Second Truck Club
397 Posts
EFI Live could fix it then....

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw their ad in DP mag. It said it supports LB7's, not LLY's.

·
Registered
295 Posts
it sure does , lastest Version does ,

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just figure out what ever ratio you need for things to be right. Big deal if you have to bump the tire size down a bit and use the 4.11, should still work right correct?

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Turns out he has one of the first Predator tuners. He's going to send it in for a reflash. Also said something about the ABS light keeps coming on. Thanks for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.