The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best tuner for a 1997 f350 7.3 diesel

·
626 Posts
Have you tried reading any of the threads in this forum?

·
1,787 Posts
There's a few threads in this section that discusses this topic in depth.
My answer may not be the one you're looking for but IMO, the best advice I can give you is to get an idea of what you want to do and expect to get from your truck, towing, economy, all around power and what power level you want.. Do you have guages??
What other mods are you planning?? Then give a few of the Vendors a call and see what they can do for you to best benefit your needs on your vehicle.. I've run a few chips and different tuners.. I run DP Tuner now and have had no problems now, nor with the ones I've tried before. But it comes down to what you want, can afford and are looking for.. Hope this helps and read a few of the threads on tuners to get a better idea of what everyone else is running with their applications..:thumbsup..:happymugs
Here's a list of the tuners you'll see on here..

DP tuner - Jody (828)-221-0076
total diesel performance - Tony Wildman (817) 932-5078
Swamps - Jonathan (615) 793-5573
Diesel Innovations - David Lott (713) 984-9441
Power Hungry performance - Bill (678) 963-9913
Gearhead Automotive - Matt (979) 703-7338
BTS (870) 422-3673
Elite - Tadd (866) 631-8518

·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going to use the truck to pull the race car with so really just looking for pulling not hotroddin?

·
812 Posts
i really like my wildman, but next time im going with swamps.

·
The one and only
410 Posts
Here is who I like. Take your pick. There is no "best" tuner out there. Just good ones that will customize it to fit your needs. Some are better for others. Matt has done a GREAT job for me. Doesn't mean he will be the best for the other guy.

Matt @ Gearhead Automotive
Bill @ PHP
David @ DI
Aggie @ TSD
TW @ TDP

·
187 Posts
I have a great tow program tons on bottom end and shifted the shift points so when in town I don’t have to use the button on the shifter. :):) Dave and Jonathon can fix you up call then and tell them what you want and what mods you have (if any) and they can take care of you. The nice thing with a chip over a tuner is you do not have to reprogram when you want to switch programs :)

·
53 Posts
I would say that if you pick any one mentioned here, you will be happy. Just tell them what you want to acheive and I am sure they can fix you up. I have run several, and now I am sticking with one that I am happy with. I CAN tell you that unless you have a "live tuning" appt., you might have to tweak anybody's a little bit until it suits you. So be patient and give your tuner of choice the time to work out any problems or changes you may have with your chip/programmer.

Try to ignore negativity here if possible as everybody has their own opinions on different tuners. I have some opinions as well, but it DOES NO GOOD to drag it out here.

Tuners are like trying on blue jeans, they all make good pants, but some fit better than others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts