The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2010 lariat fx4.. I bought the extended warranty, but my fuel mileage sucks.. 12.8 best.. Id like to put a tuner on, but i dont want to void the warranty.. What tuners are good, or best, but dont leave a footprint on my truck incase i have to take it in for warranty? I heard spartan doesnt leave one, but i havent found any info to back that up.. Also, if i take my dpf off, will i be able to put it back on without them knowing incase i have to take it in for warranty work? Thanks

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Spartan does their own thing, and SCT has many different tune writers (RCD, Innovative, Elite, etc.). I have only tried Spartan, and loved it. Power, mileage, no problems with the truck, great product and R&D. You can return your truck to stock, no problem, and many on here will tell you of times they have returned their truck to stock and taken it to the dealer and they did NOT detect any previous tuning. I took my 2008 to the stealership twice after I returned to stock, no questions or problems with previous tuning.

Reactions: WoodBoy

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
Spartan does their own thing, and SCT has many different tune writers (RCD, Innovative, Elite, etc.). I have only tried Spartan, and loved it. Power, mileage, no problems with the truck, great product and R&D. You can return your truck to stock, no problem, and many on here will tell you of times they have returned their truck to stock and taken it to the dealer and they did NOT detect any previous tuning. I took my 2008 to the stealership twice after I returned to stock, no questions or problems with previous tuning.
same as well. :wiggle

·
106 Posts
I would also like to make some tune changes.What exactly does the Spartan "change" as far as operation conditions, and is it beneficial if you DO NOT mess with the DPF?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
the best thing to do with the DPF is cut it up with a torch and sell it for scrap. POS imo.

As for the undetectability of the Spartan. If there was a foot print. Im sure my warranty claim would have been denied. Short blocks don't come cheap yah know:haha:haha

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you run a spartan w/ out dpf removal? Also how do you remove it and then put it back for taking it to the dealership if you have to cut it with a torch?

·
1,415 Posts
You dont cut it with a torch, chris just suggested thats the best thing for the dpf. If you delete the Cat and DPF its only 3 bolts to do. And yes they have DPF on tunes.

Reactions: WoodBoy

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about my ingnorance.. Im new to this emissions BS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts