The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys was up , i got erics new custom tunes about a month ago and man what a freaking differnece its like going from my g/f to a victoria sercerts model. lol but now a month later im still running erics xtreme street and it feels alot less powerful. thinking it was my hpop system maybe had a leak or working less i took it to the dealer and had them check the whole truck and they said everything is fine. can it b possible that my fuel system is starving the engine of power??? has this happened to anyone out there?? i do have a new stock pump in the garage ima swap it out tommorow to see if it was that .......

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
hey guys was up , i got erics new custom tunes about a month ago and man what a freaking differnece its like going from my g/f to a victoria sercerts model. lol but now a month later im still running erics xtreme street and it feels alot less powerful. thinking it was my hpop system maybe had a leak or working less i took it to the dealer and had them check the whole truck and they said everything is fine. can it b possible that my fuel system is starving the engine of power??? has this happened to anyone out there?? i do have a new stock pump in the garage ima swap it out tommorow to see if it was that .......
Fuel pressure gauge :rolleyes:

Reactions: alex8888

·
873 Posts
Fuel pressure gauge :rolleyes:

Definately. I installed mine and loaded the extreme street from eric and saw my FP drop to 38 from 52 at wot.. I then ordered Airdog II and will be installing it this weekend thanks to Darin and Milton!
:thumbsup

Get that FP guage and watch it drop! lol

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Check your fuel filters too. If you haven't changed them, go ahead and change both. I've seen pressure drops as low as 20psi on the Xtreme with restricted filters.

Otherwise, it could be the low pressure or high pressure oil..or even a sensor. Other symptoms will eventually start showing, if that's the case.

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check your fuel filters too. If you haven't changed them, go ahead and change both. I've seen pressure drops as low as 20psi on the Xtreme with restricted filters.

Otherwise, it could be the low pressure or high pressure oil..or even a sensor. Other symptoms will eventually start showing, if that's the case.
i ordered the air dog system , as far as a sensor i had the truck checked at the dealer for everything , and they said my hpop is running fine and all sensors. i do believe its fuel .... what pressure should i set the air dog @ 55psi???

if it is a sensor which sensor should or could be causing the problem???

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
i ordered the air dog system , as far as a sensor i had the truck checked at the dealer for everything , and they said my hpop is running fine and all sensors. i do believe its fuel .... what pressure should i set the air dog @ 55psi???

if it is a sensor which sensor should or could be causing the problem???
55 will be good. Get a FP guage :thumbsup

·
160 Posts
my fuel pressure gauge is on my regulator under my hood....is there an easy way to run it into the cab...I have a feeling that im having the same problems...sometimes I have a violent shutter if I roll into it easy...ford said the injectors and hpop were okk

·
139 Posts
my fass pump will keep the pressure at 55 psi. im sure airdog will do the same.

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

yup stock fuel pump was full of rust and dirt ...changed it to another stock i had on hand and im back in the race

1 - 10 of 10 Posts