·
1,661 Posts

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
So did I! I just have to give a big thanks again. My tunes are sweet. :thumbsup

·
81 Posts
How do you like your tunes from Vivian? Have you had tunes from anyone else and how would you rate Vivians? How is the shifting, pretty firm? I would like my shifts firm.

·
Rollin' the Coal
26 Posts
How do you like your tunes from Vivian? Have you had tunes from anyone else and how would you rate Vivians? How is the shifting, pretty firm? I would like my shifts firm.
my innovative tunes shift firmer than I like maybe Im getting old. But not firm enough for me to take it out;)

·
1,661 Posts
Vivians tunes are great, the shifts are nice and firm. I also have tunes from ID, the shifting is also nice and firm.

You won't be disappointed with either tuner. Both ID and Vivian have been tuning the 6.0 with SCT for a long time and they know what there doing. Which ever tuner you choose, if you don't like the way it's shifting (too hard,too soft) you need to get in contact with them so they can correct any issues you have.

·
81 Posts
In terms of power how does the power of the Looney and the X-street? Have you had a tune from Matt at Gearhead before?

·
811 Posts
gearhead?

·
81 Posts
Binderpower, is that a 1206 in your picture? By chance do you have any tractors for sale like 12 0's or 350 or 450? Thanks

·
1,661 Posts
gearhead?
http://www.gearheadautomotiveperformance.com/DIESEL/DIESEL FORD.html

In terms of power how does the power of the Looney and the X-street? Have you had a tune from Matt at Gearhead before?
By the seat of pants feel, the x-street and looney feel the same as far as power goes. The main difference is the shift points and converter lock up. The x-street locks the converter up when you get over 40mph, and don't unlock until you get below 40mph, it will also unlock if you really lay down on the skinny pedal in order to get the truck to down shift. This may take some getting use to by changing your driving habits. Here is an example:: if your driving along at 45mph and come apon a fairly steep uphill, if you try to stay at that 45mph speed as you go up the hill, the truck will lug down alot unless you hit the tow/haul button or lay into the skinny pedal, this will allow the converter to unlock and downshift to a lower gear. The trick in this situation is to get a running start for more MPH prior to hitting the hill. Another trick to unlock the converter is to get off the skinny pedal and tap the brake pedal, then get back on the skinny pedal with a little more force, this will allow the converter to unlock and let the trans to downshift.

The looney feels like it locks the converter in the stock gear lock up. Alot less lag because the converter isn't locking up till later. The power has a more instantaneous feel.

Both tunes are great, it just comes down to personal preference and your driving habits. I like to switch my tunes around every other month, just to get the feel and the fun of being able to use them. Right now I'm running the Looney Wild, I find this tune to be a good daily driver.

Sorry, I don't have any tunes from Matt. Just Eric and Vivian.

Reactions: rocweiller

·
811 Posts
Anyone have tunes from gearhead?

·
81 Posts
My first tunes were from ID and had the aggressive street and like it a lot. Then my fuel pump went out and took 3 injectors with it so I took it to RCD and had them put some injectors in and they also gave me some tunes. I like them but I just think ID's were a little better because when I am going 43 or so the truck hunts for gears and doesnt know if it should shift down or just lug it through. I would like it better if it would just lug it threw. Just wondering if I should go back to ID or try someone new like Vivian or Matt at gearhead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts