The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. As some of you may already know, we have a rather large update to release this month. Matt and I have been talking tonight, and we felt it necessary to make a post regarding this update before we actually release it to the public. The rest of this post is Matt's....

We originally had our latest tuning database update scheduled for release this afternoon, but due to damaging some electronics used for testing over the weekend, we will need to postpone release until later into the week to get the new hardware in and the last parts of the update fully tested.

In light of this, I thought I'd use the next few days to give a more detailed description of the changes and updates to the calibrations we will be implementing, and get some input and consensus from our users on any other changes you guys would like to see. Our current update includes the following---

-Shift changes to all 250HP tunes (milder at part throttle and enhanced converter lock)
-Shift changes to all 275HP tunes (milder at part throttle and enhanced converter lock)
-Changes to all HP levels to correct late lock-up issues for 2010 and earlier trucks with 3.55 ratio gearing
-Addition of 300HP tuning for Job 1 trucks
-Correction for customers seeing periodic cold weather part throttle surging with 275HP tunes

Another update will shortly follow the one mentioned above to include---
-Updates to both engine and transmission files for ALL Spartan TCM calibrations
-Engine calibration changes to 250, 275, and 310HP files to address periodic rolling idle

Any input from our customers on any issues will be monitored closely, so feel free to throw it in here. Even if it isn't a technical problem and is just something you'd like to see (tuning related) post as you'd like.

Thanks,

Spartan Diesel Technologies

·
393 Posts
-Shift changes to all 250HP tunes (milder at part throttle and enhanced converter lock)

-Changes to all HP levels to correct late lock-up issues for 2010 and earlier trucks with 3.55 ratio gearing
Can you go into further detail on these two issues?

I'm not sure what you mean by enhanced converter lock or the late lock-up issues.

My truck is a 2010 with the 3.55 and I'm running the 250 tune as my daily driver.

One last item, I've never updated the firmware/software on my DashDaq since I purchased it in 2008. I figure since it ain't broke, why fix it. How will I be able to get the new updates that I will need?

Thanks!

·
172 Posts
How is it possible to have a tuner that has not been updated sense 08 on a 2010 truck? I am guessing you switched it from your old truck? You didnt have to update it then?

·
Strokin'
287 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean by enhanced converter lock or the late lock-up issues.

My truck is a 2010 with the 3.55 and I'm running the 250 tune as my daily driver.

One last item, I've never updated the firmware/software on my DashDaq since I purchased it in 2008. I figure since it ain't broke, why fix it. How will I be able to get the new updates that I will need?

Thanks!
Also wondering about the 08 Dashdaq on the 10. I'm wondering the same thing: I haven't changed a thing since 08, what do i have to do to update, what do the updates give me for my programmer, do I get more tunes, am I able to turn off EGR on lower tunes, and are the new tunes safer for my truck than the older ones. As well, I heard that if I update my Dashdaq will be useless for any other tunes than yours. Is this correct? If so what is the reason, wouldn't you be more interested in selling tunes than Dashdaqs? Is the Dashdaq useless to be transferred into say an '11 Ford?

·
393 Posts
How is it possible to have a tuner that has not been updated sense 08 on a 2010 truck? I am guessing you switched it from your old truck? You didnt have to update it then?
I've had the same tuner on all four of my 6.4 Super Duty trucks. Three of them were 2008s and my current ride is a 2010.

Each time I moved the tuner from one truck to another I had to pay Spartan for new tunes specific to my new truck.

I have not upgraded my DashDaq to a strategy flash tuner. Back in the beginning, when everyone started converting from the old way (not sure what you call it) to the strategy flash, there were problems either loading tunes or it taking too long to load them (sometimes hours). Since the old way was working for me, I never bothered to convert and probably won't unless these newest batch of tune enhancements require me to do so.

I'm stubborn and set in my ways!

·
393 Posts
Also wondering about the 08 Dashdaq on the 10. I'm wondering the same thing: I haven't changed a thing since 08, what do i have to do to update, what do the updates give me for my programmer, do I get more tunes, am I able to turn off EGR on lower tunes, and are the new tunes safer for my truck than the older ones. As well, I heard that if I update my Dashdaq will be useless for any other tunes than yours. Is this correct? If so what is the reason, wouldn't you be more interested in selling tunes than Dashdaqs? Is the Dashdaq useless to be transferred into say an '11 Ford?
08stroker250:

Jeff, I think that this questions is aimed directly at you.

·
130 Posts
Well I'm very pleased that yall are doing this, definetly good customer service, just tone down the part throttle shifts on the 250, keep it firm at WOT and hard accelerating shifts, just the 1/4 throttle/ normal driving shifts need to be a little lighter. I'm all for the firm shift on harder accelerating/ over 1/4 throttle and WOT. The loping idle would be cool to fix too, mine lopes pretty good when it's cold, can't wait for this tune, I've been running the 210 for a week and am ready to go back to the 250, I need my smoke!

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks!
Enhanced lock-up means early lock-up. The late lock-up issues are only on trucks with 3.55 gears. Once tuned, trucks were seeing lock-up 2-10 mph later than stock (depending on tire size usually).

So you have no updated your tuner to the V2 software? If not, you will need to in order to get this update. I have numerous threads about how to acquire the V2 software.

You probably don't even have strategy flash on your tuner. You need to email Mick at [email protected] once the update comes available. Wait until then though. Don't do it now. It will be better to do everything all at once.

Doing the updates will prevent any other tuning companies (KEM Performance) from being able to tune with the DashDAQ....unless they get the ability to tune with the V2 software that E-Motion released for the DashDAQ.

The 6.4 Phalanx will be able to be converted to a 6.7 Phalanx once everything is squared away with our 6.7 tuning.

08stroker250:

Jeff, I think that this questions is aimed directly at you.
I think I am going to start paying you to be my secretary. :haha

·
393 Posts
I think I am going to start paying you to be my secretary. :haha
Jeff: Lines 1 through 12 are for you concerning some of your recent post on the Truck Forums, You have an appointment with your protologist at 10:00 today, then a 2:00 o'clock with the IRS, something about your deduction on your 2009 return, claiming that a DashDaq, Delete Pipe and some custom wheels were a "business expense".

You're coffee is already on your desk, along with four 5-hour energy shots, jalepeno jerky and my request for a raise.

·
Super *********
305 Posts
Looking forward to the TCM Job 1 updates. I presume we shpuld not even load the pending release if we are Job 1 TCM. Also recently when VERY cold and NON plug in startup it will REV up when in Idle and Park. goes Chug, Chug, Chug VROOOOOOOOOM Chug, Chug, Chug VROOOOOOOOOM Chug, Chug, Chug VROOOOOOOOOM Any suggestions Never did this before

·
393 Posts
Hey everyone. As some of you may already know, we have a rather large update to release this month. Matt and I have been talking tonight, and we felt it necessary to make a post regarding this update before we actually release it to the public. The rest of this post is Matt's....

We originally had our latest tuning database update scheduled for release this afternoon, but due to damaging some electronics used for testing over the weekend, we will need to postpone release until later into the week to get the new hardware in and the last parts of the update fully tested.
It's been two weeks since this thread was started (1/24/2011) and we've yet to see the January Update.

After reading some of the other posts inquiring as to when the update is going to be ready, it seems like y'all are getting a little impatient with people asking.

I don't understand why Spartan keeps jumping the gun with promises, then has to make excuses as to why they didn't deliver. In this particular instance, an initial excuse was made (which may very well be legitimate), the time passed for the update to be ready (later into the week) and now we've gone another week with basically no communication from Spartan, other than we're working on it.

I'm a Spartan user, through & through, but it seems like there is a pattern here of not being able to deliver as promised.

Next time, it might be better to remain silent until you can actually deliver the goods. I'm not being a horse's rear. I'm simply talking about good business practices.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We brought it up because we felt we should get more INPUT from customers while we were delayed.....which I thought was stated in the original post. In some of the threads, we have gotten great input (a lot actually). Other threads have been purely forum members asking, "is it ready yet?"

Because we have gotten some great feedback across MULTIPLE forums, we have decided to add in a few other things to the update. Additions can take time, especially when the man creating the update has been very busy.

I'll say one thing, it becomes harder and harder to please people.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts