The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what tunner would you guys recomend for a hard headed old timer that refuses to do anything to his truck that would help it pull and tow his camper better? he is willing to try a tunner but no exhaust or intake or gauges.?????

·
50 Posts
I hear that Doug from Direct Injection Performance has the best towing tunes for an SCT tuner. www.GoGoDiesel.com

·
1,291 Posts
i wouldn't reccomend getting a tuner with out gauges but if he is going to get one superchips is a very safe unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'M Very happy with my Edge Juice Platinum with Attitude Monitor

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
02PSD4ME said:
I'M Very happy with my Edge Juice Platinum with Attitude Monitor
:pointlaugh

I agree totally with LIPD's comments. The Superchips will give him some more power but it is a very mild programmer. He will notice an increase but it is probably one of the safer units. Only thing with the SCT, I'd be afraid to run any kind of tune with it because, being custom, you kind of never really know what you get exactly and one tune can run slightly different on one truck than another, hell, one tune can run different on the same truck when reloading, so I'd hate to recommend any custom SCT file w/o gauges. Go with the mild Superchips unit.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Explain to him the only way to tow safe without gauges is stock..D71 then present his options to him....tell him some stuff you have sceen and what it costs to fix....My wifes Excursion runs Eric's street tune (nicely I might add) with no gauges (spent the money on mine..lol..) cause she does not look at them....she pulls her two horses and some round bales every now and then.....

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the help guys. i have been round after round with him on this and he still says tunner and nothing else. so today in fear that i may lose him as a customer i said i would not intall a tunner of any kind without a egt gauge. he was not very happy and said he would look at doing it himself. :shrug: and his friend or someone he knows has a tunner and didnt put all that bull sh** on his truck. so now i kinda hope something goes wrong so i can say told you so:pointlaugh thats if he come back to have me work on it????

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
he will be back D71 cause you did the right thing and he knows you were honest with him and Im betting even his friend will be into see you soon too..lol...Your a breath of freash air in the ford tech world and he is plain stupid if he can't see that....
j.schall

·
206 Posts
Blow him off, diesel 71 he clearly does not appreciate your expertise. If you were in texas you would have my business. I've learned in my business that people will learn to appreciate someone who knows what the hell they are doing, when someone who doesn't bends them over a barrell.
Justin

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
no crap, i'd give damn near anything to have a tech around that has this kind of knowledge and know-how, not too mention a straight-shooter.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44
522 Posts
Amen!

·
963 Posts
Diesel71, Keep fighting the good fight, and they'll come back. I always tell my techs(Computer & Network), "Do it right the first time, because you never know when you'll have time to do it a second time!!!". You know your stuff, and told him how it is...if he can't see that...good riddens...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts