The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 F250 and it has a SCT tuner in it right now. I am currently on deployment to Afghanistan and actually have never driven or seen my truck in person. I used to work for a diesel distributor and we sold a lot of Edge tuners. I always heard that Edge was the best tuner for Ford but it seems like most every thread here talks about SCT. Im looking for some opinions on what is the best tuner. I was looking specifically at the CTS Edge tuner Juice with Attitude. I am looking to not only improve gas mileage but also get a lot more power out of the engine. Any opinions would be GREAT! Thanks!

·
3,051 Posts
SCT is by far the best tuner period. You can order custom tuning to load into your SCT via email and load it into your truck. SCT tunes not only the engine precisely for your trucks pcm strategy codes, but also the transmission shifting to match the desired power levels. There are many custom tuning vendors to choose from, I have had very good success with KEM Performance, but there are others like Innovative diesel and so on.

Harry

·
3,051 Posts
I forgot to say a few things. Since your truck already has an SCT tuner, it may very well already have custom tuning loaded in it, at the very least it has the standard SCT canned tuning that comes with most SCT devices, but custom tuning is the way to go. When you get back home, try out the truck first. It may have all the power you need already. And most important, Thanks for serving in our fight against terror, stay safe my friend.

Harry

·
43 Posts
I've had the Edge Platinum on my 04 Ford, and now have a SCT X3 with my 09 Ford F350 6.0. I can't say enough about the SCT and the tune I have through Innovative Diesel. I wouldn't even look at the edge other than for monitoring. I have the Edge for monitoring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts