The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long does it take a mechanically inclined person to put on the H2e turbo kit? and should i spray anything on the bolts a couple hours ahead of time or will it come apart easy?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
It took me 12hrs to install my QSSB same kit little different turbo.I spent more time fighting the old turbo off cause I didn't PB blast the bolts ahead of time and the clamps.

Good luck and remeber it is all in good fun.

Mike

·
862 Posts
I'd suggest some penetrating lube on the downpipe clamp and the up-pipe clamp behind the turbo. Do it the night before you plan to work on it, then again 30 minutes before tearing into it. It will save you a good hour's worth of extra work.

Other than that, just take your time. Keep the engine bay area clean and clear, and don't forget to stuff rags in the I/C pipes and intake runners when you open it up. No one wants trash, dirt, or a bolt to find it's way in there.

·
6,337 Posts
Hose it down with PB blaster the night before, start the truck and let it run for about 20 minutes. Turn it off and hit it again. Then hit it one more time before you start... The bolts will fall off!

·
TDG Mafia Member # 37
901 Posts
When I swapped out my turbo I used copious amounts of PB Blaster also, I sprayed every bolt and clamp a few days before tacckling the swap and every day when I got home from work I would soak them again. All bolts came out and clamps came off easily. Gene :mafia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts