The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I had a turbo pedestal leak and decided to wrap that up today. I figure that while I was at it, I would step up to a wicked wheel because I have had a little surge. So, I get the turbo off and pull off the housing. When I do, I realize there is ALOT of play in the shaft. I'm talking almost a half inch side to side.

The thing is, I have had no problems with the turbo. No noises, perfect spool up, ect. My truck is a 7.3 with 100,000 miles. I just don't get it.

So my question is........ Do I go with a OEM rebuild with the wicked wheel, or something better. I am on a budget, and really don't want to go crazy. Does anybody have a suggestions for me? I can get a good rebuild for about $550. What to do? By the way, right now I'm running dual 4 inch exhaust, an AFE stage 2, and an Evolution 2. Thanks ahead guys.

·
1,836 Posts
If you intended to replace the wheel why not just add a shaft and bearings?
A half inch has got to be getting close to cutting the housings so some thing needs to be done.
If you order a cartrige you will still have to pull the wheel, if you order bearings you have to check clearance and be sure the inside is clean.

keydl

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you can get one for that price I would exchange it an install the Wicked wheel on it that way you wont have any other unforseen expenses or problems and don't have to wory about getting everything back to spec.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prodiesel said:
If you can get one for that price I would exchange it an install the Wicked wheel on it that way you wont have any other unforseen expenses or problems and don't have to wory about getting everything back to spec.
I can get an already rebuilt one with a banks wheel already installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts