The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.....i am new to this site but I am glad to finally get to post. My buddy has a problem with his 2006 6.0L and I thought I would post something up here because I figured someone might no what the problem may be.

Ok here is the situation....Basically my buddy was drilling holes under his dash to feed wire through for the guages he was trying to install. He accidentally hit about 5 wires under the dash and his truck had major problems. The fuel guage, turbo boost, glow plugs,and the turbo didnt work. He respliced all the wires that got cut and everything under there is fixed just like new, however the turbo and boost guage still dont work except the turbo works at real high RPMS however the boost guage has worked since. SO today he got a new turbo sensor and put it on and it still doesnt work. Out of the three wires going to the turbo sensor only two of them seem to have power to them. So i thnk somewhere along the circuit one of the wires is messed up. We checked the MAP sensor and it was fine. He also got the truck reflashed today and it didnt help. It really is one big electrical problem that I just cant figure out. None of the wires that were orignally cut are still hurt so I guess when they got cut somehting else got messed up. The codes that it was shooting were low voltage to the barometric sensor and another one about the boost not working. If anyone has any advice or ideas please let me know. thanks

·
299 Posts
did you check all fuses?

·
645 Posts
its kinda hard to say since i have no idea whatwires and where exactly they were and what circuit its for. whats the turbo sensor??? i would check and make sure you have the wires spliced to the right wires, i now i had a truck come in one time, it was at some shop and they put a new ebp and connector on it, they had two wires crossed. so the pcm was seeing 5 volts (vref) instead of the input from the sensor. it did the same exact thing, didnt spool up till real late.
but give a little more info, where exactly did he cut the wires were they on the inside or out side of the truck what color were they.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all the fuses have been checked.

The wires that were hit were under running through that main harness under the dash. I am not sure exactly what colors they were but i know one was the fuel gauge and that is now fixed. The turbo sensor I was talking about was the one on top of the turbo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fordboyyfm said:
its kinda hard to say since i have no idea whatwires and where exactly they were and what circuit its for. whats the turbo sensor??? i would check and make sure you have the wires spliced to the right wires, i now i had a truck come in one time, it was at some shop and they put a new ebp and connector on it, they had two wires crossed. so the pcm was seeing 5 volts (vref) instead of the input from the sensor. it did the same exact thing, didnt spool up till real late.
but give a little more info, where exactly did he cut the wires were they on the inside or out side of the truck what color were they.

hey what does ebp and connector stand for? thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
ebp is exhaust back pressure sensor and the connector is just that the sensor in the turbo is called the vgt and it should only have 2 wires going to it. if there is a problem with the baro fix that first. the ebp is either located on the tsat housing or the left valve cover just follow the pipe out of the exhaust manifold left front and it takes you right to it. what gauges did he install did he unhook anything to install them. lets start there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts