The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question to put out there not really a right or wrong answer just want to see what every has to say. I had a customer grenade a hx40 in colorado sunday. the truck is at a dodge dealer in the denver area. he tows a bunch sledpulls a little has a hrvp scheid lighting 2 injectors a edge comp and a snow stage 3. are opinions differ on turbos but his choice is a bd super b special or a industrial injection 62/14 which would you pick or a 3rd option ?? I gave him my choice and he reply was i will think about it. Thanks, jr

·
3,514 Posts
I'd look into a hightech B2, either the 62/14 or maybe a 64/14, they are supposed to be a very drivable and cool really well up top. those Hx40's are known for grenading unless you get something Like a PDR hotrod 40 with the bigger shaft. Twins would be great, but the HighTech turbos are really nice. I'm not such a big fan of Bd products myself.
Sean

·
393 Posts
The super B special is supposed to handle more power, but I don't know anyone that even has one to compare it to.
The new High Tech Series turbos or Super Phat Shaft turbos with the killer wheels sound like some turbos for his setup. They should cool better than a standard HTB or PS series turbo. I would think he would want something in the 64 range. 62/?? is kind of small for his use.
All in all any of these turbos will be better than the hx40 he had.

B

·
0 Posts
My vote would be for a HTTB2 64/14. They will handle well over 500hp, while keeping things plenty cool and they will take a lot of abuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts